The client is in Chicago but the work can be done remotely…
Initial duration 2-3 months with possible extension.
Candidate MUST have:
1. Strong .net skills
2. Strong Angular Skills
3. Excellent communication skills
As a UI Developer on our STAC team, you will be responsible for the design, analysis, development, and implementation of contemporary web applications that are based on the principles of responsive design, MVC, AJAX, and Single Page Application (SPA), and provide support for existing application(s). Additional responsibilities include:
- Contribute to and lead architecture and design activities.
- Interact with business analyst/client(s) to understand business problem(s) being addressed by the project.
- Review project requirements and assess and estimate the necessary time-to-completion.
- Lead the design and implementation of unit tests for the frontend codes as well as related service interfaces.
- Work with peers to carry out code reviews and unit testing of new development.
- Document new development, procedures, or test plans as needed.
- Interact with other development teams to ensure a consistent approach to software development.
- Closely follow software development best practices.
- Communicate professionally and effectively to clients, management, and other departments.
- Lead a team of professionals and contractor resources (including offshore), providing technical leadership/guidance/mentorship (direction setting and articulating, consensus building, conflict mediation, etc.).
- Prepare technical design documents using enterprise standard documentation tools.
- Deploy all integration artifacts to a testing and production environment.
- 5+ years of experience building user-facing applications that support multiple devices
- Strong experience in ASP.NET MVC
- 3+ years of experience in working with RESTful APIs and other SOA technologies
- Strong knowledge of design and architectural patterns in the above areas
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business information systems, or related
- Experience with data driven application UI patterns such as grids, lists, data inputs, querying, filtering, sorting, etc. common operations and typical use patterns
- Experience with Agile Scrum development process
- Strong experience with source control systems and related common practices
- Strong analytic problem-solving, critical-thinking skills
- Proven experience managing projects scopes, resources, deliverables, budgets, and ROI
- Leadership experience overseeing multiple projects from a technical perspective
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Tax industry experience
- An advanced degree
- Prior Big 4 experience