4 Point Consulting is working with One Design Company to expand their team with a talented Front-End Web Developer! The ideal candidate not only has great front end development and user interface skills, but has strong appreciation and sense of design. Intuitive, bug-free code make for the ideal candidate and colleague.
The candidate we want to join the team should be open to working as part of a collaborative design and development group delivering software in an iterative manner. Culture-fit matters, so we’re looking for someone who is excited to be a part of the One Design family.
We want someone who:
- 3-5 years development experience
- Is smart, creative and organized
- Doesn’t settle for the obvious and easy solution
- Is up-to-date with the latest front-end technologies and best practices
- Loves libraries and frameworks. Knows when (and when not) to use them
- Is a terrific communicator with teammates and clients
- Balances a painstaking attention to detail with an efficient workflow
- Studies and shares the latest and greatest technologies available
- Executes intended design with a high level of accuracy, and is able to work with a designer when compromise is necessary
- Wants a place to work that is friendly environment to learn and be challenged
- Contributes and thrives in a collaborative work environment
- Familiarity with modern build systems (gulp, webpack)
- Familiar with CSS preprocessors (Sass, Less, Stylus, etc) and understands their benefits and limitations in producing efficient, maintainable code.
- Expert understanding of front-end performance and creating sites that make efficient use of resources
- Experience using Git
- Experience integrating with CMS such as WordPress, Craft, Etc
- Experience with front-end testing
- Skilled at bringing engaging user experiences to life using CSS transitions/animations
- Enthusiastic about creating well organized front-end code, familiarity with BEM is required
Desired (but not required):
- Strong understanding of design and UX
- Understanding of MVC of application frameworks such as Laravel or Rails
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with React.js
- Experience with REST APIs
We ask a lot. But we give a lot, too. We’re prepared to offer a competitive salary with full health benefits, matching 401k, paid time-off, an inviting and inspired work environment, as well as the companionship of a motley cast of friendly office mutts. If you create engaging, solid applications that showcase a firm understanding of the technology required to make it work, communicate and work well with others, and meet the criteria above – then we’re definitely interested in hearing from you!
A bit about us
One Design Company is a digital design, strategy and development agency. We’ve called Chicago our home for nearly a decade, nurturing strong roots in the local art, design and development communities. We work on all sorts of projects for organizations and businesses from the small, local, and boutique to some of the largest companies (and brands) in the world.