AbleVets looking for Senior Software Developer
AbleVets, LLC is a fast-growing Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing healthcare information technology services and resources to help the VA and DoD improve the lives of the people they serve. AbleVets has an opportunity for an experienced, motivated Senior Software Developer to support our VA customer. This position is located in Chantilly, VA or can be remote.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop stable, scalable code in support of customer requirements
- Participate in new development starting with requirements analysis and design
- Implement test driven development methods, supporting end to end testing
- Provide story point estimates for enhancements and new features
- Refine user requirements and identify areas for enhancement
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least eight (8) years of related experience. An additional six (6) years of related experience can be substituted for degree requirement.
- Experience working within an Agile Development environment
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience using Java/J2EE
- Additional two (2) years of experience utilizing some or all of the following technologies:
- AWS Cloud platform experience
- RESTful/SOAP SOA experience
- ETL technologies such as Informatica or similar Security/ATO experience to include SAML, SSL, TLS, VA PIV, etc.
- Experience with SQL databases such as Oracle or SQL Server
- JSON/XML/EDI messaging format experience
- Self-starter that can work under general direction in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Outstanding written skills for preparing reports and briefings
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a T3 non-critical sensitive federal investigation for which U.S. citizenship is required
- Ability to travel when necessary, up to 5%
AbleVets LLC appreciates your interest in our company as a place of employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other protected class. AbleVets is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.