Ad Hoc looking for Front End Software Engineer (Remote)
At Ad Hoc we build government digital services that are fast, efficient, and usable by everyone.
Ad Hoc brings small teams of highly skilled professionals from the private sector to build government software right the first time.
Solving government technology problems is about attacking big problems with design, engineering, and compassion. We’re committed to continually improving what we build and staying focused on user needs for the long haul.
As part of our team, you will work with a small team of designers and engineers to design, develop, and deliver web-based applications and services. You’ll work in collaboration with our government partners to better understand and translate policy and business requirements into features, user stories, automated tests, and working code. Your work will impact the lives of millions of Americans.
Front-end software engineer
We’re looking for a driven and organized Front-end Engineer to help deliver digital services for the American people. As an Ad Hoc Front-end Engineer, you will:
- Leverage modern front-end frameworks like React to deliver performant and maintainable front-end applications
- Integrate with various back-end APIs, and collaborate with team members to ensure back-end services meet the needs of our front-end systems
- Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of Americans
- Our Federal contracts require that you must be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment
- This position will be filled in the next few weeks. We are accepting applicants until January 23, 2019 end of business day for this opportunity.
- 2+ years of experience developing consumer-facing web applications
- Building applications using a client-side framework such as AngularJS, Ember.js, or React.
- Optimizing client-side web applications for speed and performance.
- Writing tests in a client-side test framework such as Jasmine, Mocha, or Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe.
- Building and testing web applications for accessibility and 508 compliance.
Our technical screening involves completing our homework assignments exclusively – we do not do any form of whiteboarding in our process.
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance