WHO WE ARE
Adopt-a-Pet’s vision for the future is one where every pet that enters a shelter leaves through the front door and into a loving home. Everything we do is driven by this edict, and the people who work here have the satisfaction of knowing that they are using all of their talents to save the lives of animals and give their new owners the gift of unconditional love. Every month at Adopt-a-Pet, we connect over 250,000 homeless pets with 5 million potential new families!
The team at Adopt-a-Pet is a group of intellectually curious individuals united by a set of shared goals and values: make a positive impact in the world, operate with integrity, value our partners and support one another, collaborate, continuously learn, and have fun!
WHAT IT’S LIKE TO WORK HERE
Looking to step away from the breakneck pace of startups and process-heavy tech giants? At Adopt-a-Pet we work tirelessly on behalf of animals, but we do our very best to strike a healthy and sustainable work + life balance. We encourage our employees to do your best work, collaborate with your team, learn, and then turn off your computer and play with your dog. We’ll all be better for it.
Need time off? No problem. We encourage all employees to take the time they need for vacation, to pursue their own interests, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family. You’ll be measured by the work you get done, not the time you spend doing it.
We’ve made the choice to be an almost entirely distributed team. Everyone at Adopt-a-Pet is free to live and work in the places they thrive, and we do just that! Leveraging tools like Slack and Zoom, we have been able to foster a highly collaborative culture based on trust, empathy, and autonomy.
WHO YOU ARE
As a Senior Front-End Developer, you work collaboratively with cross functional design and product team members to develop and deploy software products to market that are scalable, maintainable, and of high quality. You will also share knowledge with your team to ensure that we do not have information siloes or single points of failure. As a member of this elite engineering team, you will actively contribute to our ever evolving best practices and standards which all team members are to follow. This role requires that you are self-motivated, team-oriented, and thrive in a remote environment.
U.S. Applicants only please.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to translate design comprehensives into web standard-compliant HTML/CSS markup.
- Experience architecting and building large scale applications, products and platforms.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies.
- Experience integrating with back-end systems, APIs, and SDKs to create rich, data-driven content.
- Ability to understand and work with legacy code, and not just create new applications.
- Present and explain concepts, answer questions and communicate with internal and external clients.
- Mentor and inspire other Adopt-a-Pet.com team members.
- Ability to work in a remote environment without distractions.
- Ensure end users receive the best web experience possible.
- Stay up-to-date with new industry trends and emerging web technologies
At minimum you must have the following experience…
- At least 5+ years of professional experience developing web based software.
- Proficient with Vue, Node.js, Virtual DOM, Babel, and NPM.
- Strong understanding of site optimization for search engines leveraging tools PageSpeed Insights and Search Console.
- Experience building responsive web design using fluid layouts.
- Developing cross platform and browser compatibility for dynamic web applications.
- A strong sense of UI/UX design and layout.
- GitHub version control.
- Proven debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as a self-learner that’s always in search of innovation.
- Strong communication skills and a team focused attitude.
- Work in an open, highly collaborative, team environment.
You would stand out if you have experience with…
- Non-web-based development such as iOS, Android, etc.
- Hapi, Nginx, or Apache.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Restify, Laravel, and PostgreSQL.
- Competitive salary
- Fully-paid Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401K plan with company matching
- Unlimited vacation days
- Mega-flexibility for work-life balance
- Fantastic team of highly-motivated, smart people to collaborate with
Adopt-a-Pet.com participates in E-Verify, a web-based system that allows an employer to determine an employee’s eligibility to work in the US using information reported on an employee’s Form I-9. The E-Verify system confirms eligibility with both the Social Security Administration (SSA) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS). For more information, please go to the USCIS E-Verify website.