Advicent looking for Senior Software Developer (Remote)
What you’re accountable for
- Design, develop and maintain applications, and support and augment RESTful services and other public API’s
- Lead development projects on a cross functional Agile team to maintain, enhance and add onto Advicent’s product suite
- Develop unit tests and build scripts to support quality and continuous integration for your applications, providing code reviews for complex changes
- Support product deployments, including but not limited to coordination, training, documentation and troubleshooting
- Utilize and maintain department development tools and continually improve and promote department coding standards
- Research, analyze, and troubleshoot areas of application improvement, keeping our customers’ needs top of mind
- Serve as a mentor to junior team members on best practices and new technologies
What skills are required
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science or related degree, plus at least 5 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with RESTful services & API’s
- Experience in application or systems design
- Experience in an Agile software development environment
- Experience with object-oriented principles
- A desire to grow oneself and the skillsets of team members
- Ability to work from a home office, with limited travel to Milwaukee, WI
Other preferred skills
- Experience acting in a leadership or mentorship capacity on a project team
To be successful at Advicent, you will
- Always seek a meaningful outcome and maintain a sense of urgency in everything you do.
- Be continuously curious and have an ongoing desire to disrupt the status quo.
- Take initiative and look to expand your role.
- Always look for ways to contribute to the team and our success.
Benefits & Perks
- Health, dental, vision, HSA/FSA, 401K employer match
- 4 weeks PTO, 9 paid holidays, 8 hours paid volunteer time off
- Free access to on-site fitness center, casual dress, President’s Club incentive trip for top performers, free covered parking, free caffeine (coffee and soda), monthly volunteer opportunities, employer-sponsored engagement & wellness events
- Tuition reimbursement, industry training opportunities
Click below link to apply for this job: