Amplion looking for UI/UX Designer (Contract or Contract-to-Hire)
Amplion synthesizes the world’s biomedical knowledge to accelerate Precision Medicine and enable confident strategic decisioning in drug and diagnostic development. The company’s SaaS platform leverages machine learning to provide actionable intelligence across millions of disparate data sources, delivering the leading solution for pre-clinical and clinical evidence in the Life Sciences industry.
All of us at Amplion are extremely passionate about enabling the life science industry to deliver on the promise of precision medicine. No disruption of a major industry happens with an individual. It takes a great team, aligned around something meaningful and big. If you share in our passion and want to work for a growing company with the opportunity for professional growth with purpose, we’d love to meet you.
As a UI/UX Designer, you’ll be on the forefront of designing Amplion’s solutions for accelerating the realization of precision medicine in the Life Sciences industry. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design to create actionable specifications, user flows, and prototypes for the front end development team.
In your role, you will work closely with a cross-functional team of customers, executive team stakeholders, subject-matter experts, product managers, data scientists, and engineers to ensure a product design centered culture. One of our core values at Amplion is to wow Customers at every touchpoint and this role will be instrumental in ensuring that, with a beautiful user interface and product design.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product management and engineering teams to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction to improve the overall user experience.
- Apply the Google Material Design system to design prototypes and mock-ups to enable front end development.
- Regularly participate in standing design meetings and UI/UX reviews.
- Conceptualize and iterate original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design problems.
- Understanding of the agile software lifecycle and ability to communicate and engage engineering teams to achieve the best solutions.
- Create deliverables including: high-fidelity prototypes, visual designs, wireframes, user flows, and assets for business and consumer facing web applications, maintaining compliance with UI standards, Amplion’s visual style and brand guidelines.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in UI/UX and product design
- Deep knowledge and experience with design needs/challenges for enterprise applications with emphasis on complex data, multi-user collaboration, reporting and visualization, role-based usage, and security requirements
- Experience with Material design system required
- Experience in highly cross-functional, fast-moving, startup environment
- Passion to learn and solve complex customer requirements and address difficult UI challenges
- Experience using tools such as Axure, Balsamiq, Sketch, Adobe CC, InVision
- Life Sciences experience and/or biology background a plus
- This is a contract position with self-directed, flexible hours with defined deadlines. There is also an opportunity to convert to full time employee.
- This position can be 100% remote however west coast time zone is highly preferred.
Amplion is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Amplion, we value diversity. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disabilities, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state and local law. We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
Click below link to apply for this job: