We’re looking for an awesome website developer with an eye for design, to join our fast-growing marketing agency working on a full-time, remote-working basis. We offer challenging work for real clients, intensive training and mentoring and a starting salary of £21,216 a year(plus benefits).
We specialise in the technology sector and our clients include well-known names such as Microsoft, Symantec and Dell as well as ambitious but smaller tech companies.
The interview process for successful candidates will involve a review of your application and work, initial phone screening, several rounds of online interviews with Articulate people and an exercise that shouldn’t take more than a couple of hours.
If you’re interested, please apply right away and remember, we value attention to detail, honesty and personality.
At Articulate Marketing we work together to build a good company, do remarkable work and communicate effectively. You’ll be joining an 16-person, entrepreneurial company in an ambitious but informal role – we take our work seriously; ourselves, less so. As a remote-working organisation, we pay extra attention to developing and maintaining our culture. That means we’re looking for:
- A rugged individualist rather than a corporate clone. We like someone with a good sense of themselves.
- Someone willing to speak up when they need support. This is a two-way street: we need you to put yourself forward, volunteer ideas and offer your help as well.
- Someone comfortable with communicating via web conferencing, Slack, Basecamp and email. Really communicating. It doesn’t have to be a lot, just get in there and put effort into getting to know people.
- A person who has a genuine interest in participating in the life of the company, whether than means participating in meetings or in our social events (for example, we like to have a virtual pub night in on occasion. No cliques or office politics here, just people who enjoy one another’s company).
- You to be able to come to London on a regular basis – 8 to 12 times a year – for company and client meetings. We pay your travel costs. You must be based in the UK or the EU.
For more about the culture at Articulate, visit our website, and check out our About us page. Also, read our blog.
Successful Articulate staff are analytical, thoughtful, creative, passionate, intellectually curious and a little bit geeky.
We expect you to have:
- A strong interest in website development, with an ambition to learn and grow
- An intuitive understanding of a design brief and an ability to turn a great design, provided in Illustrator or Adobe XD format into neat code
- A great eye for design and good understanding of design and development trends
- Some proof of development work. This can include a degree or online course projects. Please note that GitHub links are not ideal – please share links to a working site or app
- Curiosity and excitement about the world of technology (our target market)
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Attention to detail to an almost obsessive level
- Enthusiasm to learn new coding languages
- Fluent written and spoken English
For additional bonus points:
- Experience with WordPress, HubSpot or similar CMS
- A strong interest in UX/UI design
- Graphic design skills
- An interest in digital marketing
- Some familiarity with Growth Driven Design or other agile, iterative methodologies
With training, support and time to learn new platforms:
- Implementing website designs in HubSpot CMS and, to a lesser extent, in WordPress (these include building modal pop-ups, responsive website pages as per provided design mock-ups, sticky sidebars and others page elements for data-driven, agile websites).
- Managing small projects, under supervision. This can involve direct contact with clients, as well as participating in client calls.
- A chance to deliver meaningful work for amazing clients, such as Microsoft, and ambitious, interesting smaller firms
- The freedom to work remotely – from home – in a flexible way
- Training and support in agile web development, HubSpot and WordPress, HTML and CSS as well as access to online courses for other skills.
- A starting salary of of £21,216 a year plus benefits including an £840 a year Happiness Account that can be used for things like training; a pension scheme; private health insurance, and a company Kindle with access to the company library.