We are paying 65k a year for this position as a starting salary.
Our products serve an amazing community of business owners that make a living using our products. You’ll be our number one authority to keeping products up to date, including maintaining, bug fixing, dealing with issues via GitHub that need to be solved, and developing new theme and plugin concepts working closely with our product manager.
A bit about us, Astoundify launched back in 2013 with our first product, and we already have thousands of happy, paying, marvelous customers. We’re also growing month by month, which means we have lots of customers using our products and that means there’s quite a bit of problem solving to keep everything running smoothly. The great thing is, you’re a great problem solver and understand how to debug and fix issues that arise and work great with other developers and product managers.
About This Role:
This role will cover WordPress development for our products from basic bug fixes using PHP, JS, CSS to advanced product development using Gutenberg blocks and our new frontend WooCommerce editor which uses React.js and everything in between. On a day-to-day basis, you would be responsible for maintaining our products (keeping in mind that each of our repositories have development and release instructions for easy adoption for another maintainer.) to helping bring new products to life that have been designed and frontend developed.
You will be happy to know that because we’re a tech company we use great customer support and company management tools such as GitHub, Helpscout, Slack, Dropbox, Trello and the like, and you should be familiar with those. Basic customer service experience is essential. We expect you to come with excellent communication skills backed by good generalist WordPress development experience.
- A culture of creatively minded, hard working people who are excited about Astoundify and being part of its growth and success.
- Flexible working conditions – work where you want to work.
- We provide access to a company computer (MacBook) and any other equipment you may need to complete your day to day tasks.
- A fast paced and growing environment where everyone has regular interaction with teammates from all over the world.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary, starting salary of 65k year.
- 21 Days of paid vacation.
- Paid parental leave.
- Flexible schedule.
- Equipment budget.
- Conference and continued education budget, attending events by Envato, PressNomics, WordCamp US/EU.
Who Should Apply?
We care strongly about diversity at Astoundify, and welcome candidates of all variety, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we’d like to hear from you.
If you think this is the job for you, we’d love to hear from you. Just apply for this job using the form located on our website, include a resume and cover letter and let us know what the strangest tech problem you have ever had to solve was. Good luck!