Bit Zesty looking for Lead/Senior Ruby on Rails Developer (UK based)
Who we are
We are a digital service design agency with strong technical delivery capabilities with ambitious growth plans. We’ve been helping the government, charities, corporations, and start-ups to achieve their digital goals since 2009. We like to do work that has a positive impact on society, and many of our projects have a social-good aspect to them.
Relationships, innovation, and quality are at the core of who we are. We believe that by forming positive relationships with colleagues and clients, we can be better than the sum of our parts. Our focus on innovation helps us find smart solutions to our clients’ problems. Our dedication to quality means the services and products we create always leave people smiling.
Flexible and remote working
From the very beginning, we established effective remote working practices. It provides a better work-life balance and gives our people more autonomy. It opens up opportunities for people who otherwise would not be able to work with us and helps us do our bit in preserving the environment. As long as you can make it to the office or client’s site for meetings, you can choose to work from home as much as you wish.
What is it like being a Ruby on Rails Developer at Bit Zesty?
As either a full-time or part-time permanent Ruby on Rails Developer at Bit Zesty you will be working alongside the product management and UX design teams to make the products we build rock-solid and scalable.
It is the perfect opportunity for someone who is experienced in creating dynamic web applications and passionate about clean code and is looking for a long term contract.
- Take wireframes/mockups and user stories and build systems that meet the requirements
- Create user-friendly web app interfaces by working closely with UX designers and front-end developers
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code.
- Devops: improve automation of the software development process.
- Identify performance issues and bugs, and provide solutions to these problems.
- Work with other team members to ensure we are building the right product
- Participate in code reviews
- Pair-program with other developers or discuss possible technical architectures
- Contribute to creating a culture of writing excellent softwar
You would love this role if you are:
- Experienced with 4 or more years of developing applications with Ruby on Rails
- An expert in HTML, CSS & JS
- Excellent knowledge of SQL (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
- Experienced with NoSQL (MongoDB/CouchDB/ElasticSearch)
- Passionate for good user experience
- Passionate for technology
- Superbly organised and have freat attention to detail
- Able to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- Educated with a University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related subject
As a Bit Zesty team member, you should also be:
- Committed to quality – whether it is good user experience, robust code or well-written email, we never cut corners.
- Acting with integrity – we value honesty and doing the right thing.
- Task-focused – for us it is about getting the job done, rather than watching the clock.
- Great teammate – we appreciate and always help each other
What do we offer in return?
- Opportunity to work mostly remotely (unless you prefer to be office based).
- Office in trendy and easy to reach central London location (Kings Cross/Islington).
- Flexible working.
- 25 days holiday, birthday day off (+ bank holidays).
- Medical insurance.
- Gym membership.
- Training/conference budget.
- Free bar to unwind after a busy day (when in the office).
- Roof terrace for hot summer days (when in the office).
- Competitive salary depending on relevant experience.
Are you intrigued? Please send us your CV. Even if you don’t meet all the requirements or your portfolio is not ready, we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy or maternity or age.