We are transforming the experience of big city living.
Keeping in mind people’s growing desire to be flexible and mobile while appreciating comfort and finer things in life, we are building a network of convenient, fully furnished, beautifully designed apartments in the large, vibrant cities around the globe.
Our connected turnkey living solution enables people to seamlessly move between different cities and neighborhoods, fostering diversity of experiences and open-mindedness.
Motivated by our mission to have a positive impact on people’s lives, we have grown aggressively across 5 markets, surpassing 1000 locations and 120 team members. To further accelerate our growth, we are now launching operations in Los Angeles, Washington DC, Chicago and Boston, and we aim to be present in over 50 cities and 50,000 locations by 2023.
At blueground, we invest first and foremost in our people, trusting them to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests and partners. We build our culture around people that:
- Seek excellence in everything they do
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high energy workplace
- Value efficiency and respect other people’s time
- Are team players and have a strong work ethic
- Don’t forget to have fun and be positive
We are looking for a talented Web Developer to join our Marketing team in Athens to support us in our mission to offer a world class web experience to our clients.
We are a tech enabled company, currently making substantial investments in our marketing technology and online presence. You will be working on our public facing websites & blogs, using some of the latest tech goodies and focusing on great UX, SEO, A/B testing and performance.
Ideally, you have experience with WordPress and static site generators – as we’re flirting with the idea of building certain things on JAMstack – and you are adept at collaborating with designers and marketers to build beautiful, responsive & accessible websites that feed insightful analytics.
Our immediate goal is to build a new blog from scratch, that will drive leads from all our markets (US, EMEA) to our booking website.
What you’ll do
- Partner with design in shaping the UI/UX
- Bring visually-compelling mockups to life using HTML, CSS & JS
- Create beautiful animations using CSS, SVG & Canvas
- Make sure our solutions enable for quality and precise analytics
- Configure WordPress projects (cloud hosted)
- Experiment and create rapid prototypes
What to expect
- To work side by side with web designers and SEO analysts
- To work on performance and analytics
- To closely collaborate with the product team
- Tons of chances for being creative
- Your opinion to matter
- A geek environment where great design and engineering are truly valued
- A rapidly growing company that fosters initiative-taking
- Proven working experience in web programming
- Desire to create top-notch work
- Solid understanding of the web ecosystem in 2018
- In-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- Experience with at least one CMS platform (preferrably WordPress)
- An eye for good UX
- Comfortable with Git
- Excellent communication in English
- Degree in Computer Science, Web Design or a related subject
- Bonus: experience using a static site generator (Jekyll, Gatsby, Hugo)
- Bonus: experience with CSS / SVG animations
- Competitive full time salary
- Mobile telephony and data plan
- Workstation of your choice
- Access to training budget and resources (safaribooksonline.com, frontendmasters.com et al)
- Being part of a working culture which embraces autonomy and initiative taking