THE COMPANY: BRAINJOLT (brainjoltmedia.com)
Brainjolt is a leading digital media company with two sites in Quantcast’s top 75 mobile sites in the U.S. We are a team of constant learners who value scrappy cleverness as much as best practices.
And it’s working. Despite a lean team, we reach 36 million users a month across our properties and social media channels with engaging, smile-inducing viral stories, quizzes, and more.
- Our flagship viral site, 22 Words, is ranked in the top 20 mobile sites in the country with 20M unique visitors a month.
- MagiQuiz is ranked in the top 75 mobiles sites, boasting 3-minutes on site per visitor and whopping 60% completion rate.
- Our social following is at 26 million and is growing fast.
Brainjolt is a culture of constant and continuous learners, who strive to better themselves every day.
THE OPPORTUNITY: FULL-STACK DEVELOPER
We are in need of a full-stack developer who loves to design, build, and iterate web-based software for massive audiences.
- Take responsibility of site maintenance across all of Brainjolt’s properties
- Take the lead in developing all new sites launched with Brainjolt
- Work with every department in the company to brainstorm new and exciting web-based strategies that will help them accomplish their goals
- Design, build, test, and implement these across Brainjolt sites
- Be hands-on with Q A across all sites on all devices and browsers, especially upon any feature our site launch
- Continuously ideate, build, run, report on, and implement the results of multiple A/B tests
- CMS: WordPress 4.8
- Server: Amazon EC2, Apache
- Database: MySQL
- Caching: Redis, Varnish, Cloudflare
- Adstack: Doubleclick for Publishers (DFP), Prebid.js
- Deployments: AWS OpsWorks with Chef
- Version control: GitHub
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent)
- EXPERIENCE: 1-2 years
- Proven working experience in web programming
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook, Ebay etc.)
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- A love of working in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter, avid problem solver, energetic go-getter
- No drama
- Keep it Clean: you write “clean,” well-designed code that is testable.
- Roadmapping: you produce detailed, specific development plans.
- Team Player: you contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle, while interfacing with teams across the company to lead our development efforts.
- You Love to Test: you know that testing is the foundation of successful growth. You know not only HOW to test, but also WHAT to test. Yes, we test our content!
- Growth Mindset: From learning new skills to pioneering new strategies, you’re always looking to grow.
Brainjolt is a fun, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment that empowers its employees to work independently and drive results that greatly impact the business. Since early on, one of our go-to values has been Fight boredom, spread happiness. We strive to do this not just for our audience, but for our team, too. In addition to basic benefits, here are some additional ways we support your continued success and happiness:
- Unlimited PTO
- Home internet & mobile phone assistance
- Gym membership assistance
- 2 tickets to a concert of your choice per year
- Spotify, Netflix, & Audible subscriptions.
- Monthly Personal & business-related book budget
- And more…