Brainjolt looking for Paid Media Specialist-Remote
THE COMPANY: BRAINJOLT (brainjoltmedia.com)
Brainjolt is a leading digital media company with two sites in Quantcast’s top 75 mobile sites in the U.S. We are a team of constant learners who value scrappy cleverness as much as best practices.
And it’s working. Despite a lean team, we reach 36 million users a month across our properties and social media channels with engaging, smile-inducing viral stories, quizzes, and more.
- Our flagship viral site, 22 Words, is ranked in the top 20 mobile sites in the country with 20M unique visitors a month.
- MagiQuiz is ranked in the top 75 mobiles sites, boasting 3-minutes on site per visitor and whopping 60% completion rate.
- Our social following is at 26 million and is growing fast.
Brainjolt is a culture of constant and continuous learners, who strive to better themselves every day.
THE OPPORTUNITY: PAID MEDIA SPECIALIST
We are in need of a clever, data-driven, growth-minded teammate as we continue to expand a best-in-class audience development + affiliate publisher strategy. If you’re fluent in audience development, testing, channel management, competitive analysis, project management and are generally obsessed with winning on the internet, we want to meet you.
In our ongoing effort to reach as many people on the Internet as possible with our evocative content, Brainjolt is always looking for partners to help introduce us to new audiences and grow our user base through social media ads. As the Paid Media Specialist, you will support the Audience Development team with day-to-day department requirements and help grow our paid channels advertising.
- Expand and diversify our audience across platforms through social ads
- Create, test and manage hundreds of social media ad campaigns (primarily Facebook ads) to both 22 Words and MagiQuiz while finding optimal CTR and CPC
- Regularly monitoring budgets for and performance of paid ads based on CPC targets
- Rigorous testing and experimenting with new and alternative ways to grow our audience and reach our marketing objectives and goals
- Brainstorming the next big way Brainjolt properties will drown in tidal waves of new traffic.
- Help maintain link-trade partnerships…
- Sourcing partner content to schedule on Brainjolt’s various Facebook and Instagram pages
- Work with Editorial and Social teams to ensure partner links and captions are on-brand
- Monitor and report on partner link performance
- Monitor user feedback and post comments
- Discover potential new link-trade partnerships and vet inbound leads
- Data mining, analysis, and integrity
- Competitor + Marketplace Analysis
- At least 2 years working in a related field
- Experience with Facebook Ads Manager
- Proficiency in Google Analytics and G-Suite
- Strong, data-centric analytical skills
- Excellent (and clever) written and verbal communication skills
- A love of working in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter, avid problem solver, energetic go-getter
- You’re Full of Ideas: your wheels are always turning; you’re ideating constantly; you’re excited by new possibilities and inclined towards action.
- Data Driven: you understand that at the end of the day, data always wins.
- You Love to Test: you know that testing is the foundation of successful growth. You know not only HOW to test, but also WHAT to test.
- Entrepreneurial: you have a profit-generating mindset; you’re excited by developing and scaling new and varied revenue streams.
- Growth Mindset: From learning new skills to pioneering new strategies, you’re always looking to grow.
This is a remote position. You can work from anywhere in the USA, and you would fly into our LA HQ about once a month.
Brainjolt is a fun, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment that empowers its employees to work independently and drive results that greatly impact the business. Since early on, one of our go-to values has been Fight boredom, spread happiness. We strive to do this not just for our audience, but for our team, too. In addition to basic benefits, here are some additional ways we support your continued success and happiness:
- Unlimited PTO
- Home internet & mobile phone assistance
- Gym membership assistance
- 2 tickets to a concert of your choice per year
- Spotify, Netflix, & Audible subscriptions.
- Monthly Personal & business-related book budget
- And more…