THE COMPANY: BRAINJOLT (brainjoltmedia.com)
Brainjolt is a leading digital media company with two sites in Quantcast’s top 75 mobile sites in the U.S. We are a team of constant learners who value scrappy cleverness as much as best practices.
And it’s working. Despite a lean team, we reach 36 million users a month across our properties and social media channels with engaging, smile-inducing viral stories, quizzes, and more.
- Our flagship viral site, 22 Words, is ranked in the top 20 mobile sites in the country with 20M unique visitors a month.
- MagiQuiz is ranked in the top 75 mobiles sites, boasting 3-minutes on site per visitor and whopping 60% completion rate.
- Our social following is at 26 million and is growing fast.
Brainjolt is a culture of constant and continuous learners, who strive to better themselves every day.
THE OPPORTUNITY: WORDPRESS DEVELOPER (REMOTE)
We are in need of a WordPress Developer who loves to design, build, and iterate web-based software for massive audiences.
- Ship code across all of Brainjolt’s properties
- Partner in developing all new sites launched with Brainjolt
- Design, build, and implement A/B tests across Brainjolt sites
- Continuously ideate, build, run, report on, and implement the results of A/B tests
- Be hands-on with QA across all sites on all devices and browsers, especially upon any feature our site launch
- CMS: WordPress 4.8
- Server: Amazon EC2, Apache
- Database: MySQL
- Caching: Redis, Varnish, Cloudflare
- Adstack: Doubleclick for Publishers (DFP), Prebid.js
- Deployments: AWS OpsWorks with Chef
- Version control: GitHub
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent)
- EXPERIENCE: 1-2 years
- Proven working experience in web programming
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Hands-on experience with network diagnostics, network analytics tools
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook, Ebay etc.)
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- A love of working in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter, avid problem solver, energetic go-getter
- No drama
- Keep it Clean: you write “clean,” well-designed code that is testable.
- Roadmapping: you produce detailed, specific development plans.
- Team Player: you contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle, while interfacing with teams across the company to lead our development efforts.
- You Love to Test: you know that testing is the foundation of successful growth. You know not only HOW to test, but also WHAT to test. Yes, we test our content!
- Growth Mindset: From learning new skills to pioneering new strategies, you’re always looking to grow.
This position is fully remote, contract.
Brainjolt is a fun, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment that empowers its employees to work independently and drive results that greatly impact the business. Since early on, one of our go-to values has been Fight boredom, spread happiness. We strive to do this not just for our audience, but for our team, too. We have a flexible team and love to partner with folks who want to build cool things for the internet!