Cardinal Financial looking for Senior UI/UX Designer
Who We Are:
Cardinal Financial is a nationwide direct mortgage lender whose mission is to prove that homeownership is possible for everyone. By bringing an open-minded approach to an often closed-minded industry, we’re able to embrace every unique financial situation differently in order to craft the best possible loans for our borrowers. We pride ourselves on providing excellent service backed by our groundbreaking technology, and these two components of our process come together to complete a simple, personalized mortgage experience. But it all starts with our people.
We believe that no matter where you fit in our organization—Sales, Human Resources, Information Technology, or even re-stocking the break rooms with endless coffee supplies—everyone can influence the experience that we provide to our customers and our partners. We tell our customers and our partners that anything can be reimagined. So why not your career? Looking to join a company that values its people, innovates and expands on its proprietary technology, and is growing at a ridiculous rate?! Apply below!
Who We Need:
We are looking for a Senior User Interface/User Experience Designer (UI/UX Designer) to design web application interfaces for software and web based platforms that make doing business with Cardinal Financial, easier—through great design. You will combine your knowledge and passion for design flows and experiences that are simple, elegant and intuitive. As a Sr. UI/UX Designer, you must possess the aptitude to understand the capabilities of a complex web based system or application, and design easy to use, highly intuitive, and modern interfaces to support the brand message and increase usability.
The Sr. UI/UX Designer will report to our Art Director and work closely with our development and design teams. In this role, you should be an analytical and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems. You’re eager to innovate in a data-driven environment, finding new ways to improve experiences for customers, attract new ones, and improve our brand. We are looking for a Sr. UI/UX Designer that has the ability to engage with different teams of different knowledge bases, to clearly understand user needs and requirements into industry leading digital designs, while identifying and prioritizing project milestones and processes. Ultimately, you will make our product more user-friendly and intuitive to attract and retain customers.
What You Will Do:
- Complete product experience cycle: plan and conduct user research (when needed); design based on the results; deliver information architecture, wireframes and on-brand high-definition visual designs in an Agile product development process.
- Create product and web application interface designs that support and enhance Cardinal Financial’s visual and brand identity and make Cardinal Financial’s technical capabilities accessible to users of all skill levels.
- Develop and implement consistent approaches to framework and component design. Have the ability to multi-task and self-manage UI projects from documented resources; such as screen inventory lists and screenshots—and incrementally make progress by hitting weekly targets.
- Effectively communicate product design ideas, strategy and results across the organization, building enthusiasm and appreciation for interface designs’ contribution to Cardinal Financials’ success—both for the end consumer and our employees.
- Provide leadership with cross-team engagements for UI/UX design capability by conceptualizing and creating large-scale digital experiences and applications. Strong ability to iterate, and present options to stakeholders.
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7+ years of UI/UX design work experience, preferably including technical products for both technical and non-technical users (IT, software engineers, developers, etc.).
- Experience with Adobe CC, XD, Sketch, or InVision, knowledge of front-end CSS frameworks and methodologies front-end frameworks, including Tailwind and Bootstrap and content management systems, including WordPress.
- Experience creating wireframes, high-fidelity mockups and clickable prototypes is a must.
- Adept and open to working collaboratively, taking minimal direction and creating high fidelity designs with other design and development team mates
- Strong portfolio of work including web apps, websites, visual design and/or interactive design.
- Experience in information design and data visualization, with a demonstrated ability to clearly express complex information.
- Strong presentation and stakeholder communication skills, particularly guiding groups through the process of making data-driven decisions.
- Experience performing user research, user mapping and presenting results.
- Experience using web analytics data to inform design decisions.
- Big picture, user flow, and information architecture experience is a must.
- Strong proficiency in modern design software such as Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Adobe XD.
- Ability to design out wireframes and take wireframes to a high fidelity prototype.
- Conscious ability to think and challenge mobile first design for complex web applications with the ability to decipher the needs of each screen.
- Collaborating with designers, developers, and engineers to create intuitive, user-friendly software excites you. You are not the type to operate in silo and welcome creative feedback and much as you welcome technical feedback.
- Possess a well-rounded understanding of information architecture and a willingness to help re-architect information if necessary.
- Understanding branding, marketing, and business strategies is a must.
- Project management and time management skills a must.
- Motion and animation skills are a bonus.
- Remote applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
What We Offer:
- Strength, Stability, and Vision.
- A commitment to be a relevant market leader – we are aiming for the top!
- Highly engineered proprietary technology that is revolutionizing the mortgage industry.
- An empowered culture where your ideas are important and your voice matters.
- Opportunity for career growth.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Benefits that become effective the first day of the month following your start date including – Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance and much more.
- 401K w/ 50% match up to a maximum employee contribution of 5%- Effective the 1st of the month following 30-days of employment.
Click below link to apply for this job: