CauseLabs looking for Web Engineer
We’re currently seeking a U.S. based (remote) Web Engineer with a passion for Open Source technology and a commitment to excellence to join our engineering team.
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about solving complex problems and confidently manages competing tasks on their own while also embracing collaboration amongst their team. We’re looking for a candidate with a wide spectrum of engineering experience while also being deeply versed in our core technologies. For example, you may have an understanding of many technologies including PHP, React, MySQL, SASS, AWS, plus a penchant for WordPress plugin development. That’s great! However, you really enter the engineering zen zone when you’re working within a Laravel/VueJS stack. This is the type of engineer we are looking for.
Strong hands-on experience with our core technologies is a must. In particular:
- 3–5 years of agency experience with a preference towards back-end web engineering
- Solid experience with PHP 7
- Proficiency with Laravel 5
- Experience with VueJS
- Experience with Git, Composer, npm/yarn, webpack
- Experience building and interacting with RESTful APIs
- Experience with AWS and general knowledge of hosting platforms
- Experience developing solutions for WordPress and other open source CMS platforms
- Experience working remotely as part of a team
Technologies we regularly employ:
- VueJS, React, jQuery
- CSS3, Sass, Bootstrap
- AWS EC2, RDS, ElastiCache, S3
- Ubuntu/Linux Server administration
- JIRA, Bitbucket, Slack, Zoom, G Suite
- Solve complex problems in simple ways
- Solve bugs and address client issues in a fast-paced environment
- Juggle current projects with incoming tasks
- Respond directly to clients courteously and clearly when required
- Solve client challenges with understanding and empathy
- Test solutions across multiple browsers and platforms in a local testing environment
- Deploy changes to live servers
- Assess and apply security best practices on all environments
- Assist in the remediation, enhancement, and maintenance of client sites
Our Ideal Candidate
We know we can’t have all the things so we’ve developed some pretty specific examples of experience needed to fill this role. While you may not be able to check all of these boxes, they’ll give you a sense of what we’re looking for:
- Can communicate professionally with technical and non-technical colleagues, clients, and business stakeholders across a variety of mediums including email, chat and video
- Can write clean, elegant code
- Has excellent problem-solving skills, including analysis, identification of a problem, and clearly outlining a path to a solution
- Believes web standards and usability are essential to the success of any site
- Can write modern, standards-compliant PHP (is familiar and comfortable using PHPCS, and writing against published standards such as WordPress or PEAR)
- Knows CSS well, including how to work with various devices and use the latest methods while providing degradation for less-recent browser versions
- Can parse and understand MySQL queries and rewrite them as necessary for performance
- Can expertly debug performance and caching issues
- Understands SOLID principles and design patterns
- Is familiar with data security best practices
- Can setup a local environment for testing PHP code
- Is familiar with writing unit tests and acceptance tests
- Has an understanding of issues related to scaling high-performance and high-traffic websites, including the importance of quick-loading pages and how to create performant code
- Knows their way around a server—basic web server configuration, cron management, package management, and basic shell familiarity
- Has an understanding of virtualization and experience with some flavor of virtual environments such as Docker or Vagrant
- Knows Git and adheres to a workflow, including deployment and continuous integration tools
While not required, we’d love it if you also had experience/familiarity with:
- Using and extending WP-CLI
- Configuration and deployment of Redis, Memcached, and Varnish
- Has TDD method experience
- Performance testing
- Writing scripted migrations
- Sharing your knowledge through training, blog posts, or documentation
What to Expect
A day in the life of a CauseLabs Web Engineer can vary widely. You might find yourself:
- Hands-on with web application development
- Talking through the best approach for a particular feature implementation with other engineers
- Collaborating with project team members to find ideal solutions to roadblocks and challenges
- Troubleshooting a defect ticket on a familiar or unfamiliar project
- Providing a code review for another team member
- Setting up a new server in a client’s cloud infrastructure to run their web application
On a typical client project you’ll find yourself working within a small project team consisting of a project manager, creative strategist, and a team of engineers (hey, that’s you!) that will work closely and collaboratively with clients to achieve the project goals. You’ll be a core part of our growth as we continue to serve and lead our market.
CauseLabs is a digital services agency specialized in strategic problem solving and complex platform design and development for world-changing organizations.
Our core focus is to grow positive impact and we do so by leveraging technology as a force for good while delivering amazing client experiences. We understand the unique challenges of the nonprofit and social enterprise sectors and partner with innovative organizations to build websites, web applications and platforms that deliver impact-driven, scalable results.
In partnership with a diverse portfolio of nonprofit and social enterprise organizations, our work has impacted the lives of over 250 million people globally.
We’re a growing team headquartered in Fort Worth, Texas with team members throughout the USA. Learn more about us at www.causelabs.com
- We’ve been around since 2003.
- Woman/Veteran/Minority/Family-owned and operated.
- We’re focused on employee and customer happiness.
- We’ve been recognized as a top-rated employer
- We’re profitable, growing and projected to continue the trend.
- We’re leaders in our market.
Click below link to apply for this job: