Central Brooklyn Jazz Consortium looking for Remote Freelance Graphic Designer/Web Illustrator
Graphic Designer Job Duties
The main responsibilities of most people with the graphic designer job description are as follows:
- Gathering and studying the necessary materials and information.
- Planning concepts and designing rough layouts and concept art.
- Illustrating concept art.
- Periodically submitting in-progress images for approval and requesting and receiving feedback.
- Operating printing, typesetting, and other similar equipment.
- Marking and preparing finished art and copy.
- Preparing the final project layout.
- Maintaining a level of technical knowledge and ensuring the continuous functioning of equipment.
- Completing each piece of relevant equipment’s maintenance requirements.
- Performing the occasional inventory and handling equipment malfunctions.
- Coordinating with other agencies and businesses.
- Getting involved with design workshops and professional societies and publications.
• 2+ Years in Graphic Design
• Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – primarily InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop & XD
• Excellent knowledge of print and web design
• Strong understanding of typography and layout
• Working knowledge of mechanical/production skills
• Precise trimming, mounting and comping skills
• High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint)
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent level of experience is a plus.
• Able to work on multiple projects at once
• Creative work for printed & digital catalogs
• Must be a creative individual, able to pitch design ideas etc..
Click below link to apply for this job: