Change Healthcare looking for Software Engineer (Java)
Transforming the future of healthcare isn’t something we take lightly. It takes teams of the best and the brightest, working together to make an impact.As one of the largest healthcare technology companies in the U.S., we are a catalyst to accelerate the journey toward improved lives and healthier communities.Here at Change Healthcare, we’re using our influence to drive positive changes across the industry, and we want motivated and passionate people like you to help us continue to bring new and innovative ideas to life.
If you’re ready to embrace your passion and do what you love with a company that’s committed to supporting your future, then you belong at Change Healthcare.Pursue purpose. Champion innovation. Earn trust. Be agile. Include all. Empower Your Future. Make a Difference.
We are looking for a Software Engineer responsible for building Java applications. This includes anything between complex groups of back-end services and their client-end (React Web UI) counterparts. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Thus, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and product quality is essential.
Preference will be given to local candidates based out of the Augusta Maine office, but remote candidates will also be considered.
- Develop solutions that are high quality, scalable, reliable, and reusable
- Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan sprints, expand stories into technical tasks, work on removing impediments, and execute at top velocity
5-7 years’ experience in software engineering and/or software architecture
- 5-7 years of hands-on experience with developing web services and applications based on Java technologies
- Must have experience with spring framework
- Knowledge in agile methodologies and software development lifecycle
Additional Skills And Knowledge
- 2+ years of working experience with React building SPA (single page applications) a plus
- Experience in healthcare a plus
- Experience using Messaging Queues a plus
- Experience with continuous integration
- 2+ years Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) related technologies such as VPC, EC2, EBS, ELB, and Lambda
- Successful track record of delivering on projects, both individually and as a team member
- Organized and detail-oriented, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
- Strong desire to learn, push the envelope, and share knowledge with others
- Clearly communicate status and open issues to team leads and managers
- Able to work effectively independently on assigned tasks, and within a collaborative team-oriented environment using sound judgment in decision making
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, including good technical writing and interpersonal skills
4 year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf .
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with “Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation” as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
Information Technology and Services
Click below link to apply for this job: