Chicago Digital is looking for an exceptional WordPress & WooCommerce developer to join our creative digital agency with offices in Chicago, San Francisco, New Jersey and New York. We work with many innovative and up-and-coming companies to help build their brand. At Chicago Digital, we are passionate about helping our clients succeed online by pushing the limits of exceptional design, development and marketing. We focus on building custom, high-quality, data driven, and personalized websites for our customers. We look to outdo ourselves on every project in order to continuously improve our skills, set the example for the industry and teach others.
This candidate should have at least three years experience developing custom websites on WordPress and WooCommerce. The developer we choose will demonstrate their ability to excel in following areas. Attention to detail in translating designs into online user experiences. Our developers require an artistic vision to be able to create a cohesive visual aesthetic that matches our clients brands. Writing efficient, clear, and organized code. A thirst for knowledge to continually improve the way they deliver solutions. Being able to listen to team members and clients to see the big picture and goals for the solutions we build while also being an active questioner to verify understanding and push our team to find the best way to implement solutions. This candidate will need to be able to demonstrate critical thinking to be able to work through complex problems and show confidence, persistence and determination when completing projects. In addition, this candidate should be self motivated to constantly being learning and improving and a desire to be a leader to the rest of our development team to be able to share knowledge and assist other team members.
- 3+ years building sites on WordPress & WooCommerce
- Expert WordPress & WooCommerce custom theme development
- Expert PHP developer
- Expert HTML/CSS/JS developer
- Experience extending and building custom plugins
- Experience working with APIs
- Strong vision and understanding of UI/UX and responsive websites
- Working knowledge of MySQL
- Strong organizational skills
- Artistic vision, creative, with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent communicator
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Taking projects from start (designs in sketch or photoshop) to finish (building out custom WordPress & WooCommerce themes/templates and integrating features and functionality).
- Collaborating with project managers to formulate the best technical implementations to meet client goals.
- Being able to extend and create own custom plugins for WordPress that interact with various different APIs.
- Assisting with the support of existing client websites on WordPress and WooCommerce to make updates or troubleshoot issues.
- Knowledge of taking sites live and managing domain settings
- Understanding of SEO principles and experience applying them in development
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary
- 18 days PTO to start and company paid holidays
- Winter recess and Summer Fridays
- Friendly office environment
- Work from home policy
- Supply of sparkling water and snacks
- Regular outings, celebrations, happy hours and adventures
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401k with match
- Commuters Benefits
- Gym Reimbursement
- Professional development and training
- 1 paid personal volunteer day and team volunteer day