Coalition Technologies looking for WEB DESIGNER
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
Our company is devoted to doing the best possible work for our clients and maintaining a fun, thriving environment for our team. You will work side by side with top talent to improve your skills and advance the company as a whole. We listen to your ideas and use them.
We offer opportunities for growth and training and the best profit sharing bonus plan in the industry. Up to 50% of all profits are paid out monthly to all full-time employees! All team members enjoy paid time off and subsidized gym memberships. In addition, our in-house team members enjoy flex days, free Friday lunches, regular company events, higher base salaries, and comprehensive insurance. We offer medical, vision, and life insurance in all US states.
We consider all applicants for positions at our company and while we prefer in-house employees, 70% of our team work remotely around the world thanks to the time tracking software, Time Doctor. We welcome all applicants, wherever in the world you might be!
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Total mastery of Photoshop & Illustrator
- An awesome portfolio!
- A modern design aesthetic that is current with creative trends
- Experience presenting materials to clients professionally
- Ability to perform well under pressure and under short deadlines
- Familiarity with the use of typography and grids
- Knowledge of what developers can and cannot do for the web
- Passion about design in general with a great understanding of color palettes, gradients, and flat
- Experience with online tools such as Basecamp, QuickBooks, and google docs (preferred)
- Experience in designing for the web, specifically e-commerce websites (preferred)
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS (preferred)
- Excellent writing abilities
- The availability to work 40 hours per week from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm PST
- Passion to build a startup
- Reliable transportation if working in-house
- A reliable workstation with a fast computer, microphone and speakers, reliable internet and power if working remotely
YOUR DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Creating wireframes and website mockups based on creative briefs and other materials
- Attending client meetings and working with our Account Managers to translate visions into reality.
- Creating images optimized for the web using Photoshop, Illustrator, and Fireworks
- Incorporating custom fonts on the web utilizing tools like typekit, sift, cufon, etc…
- Assuring that projects are completed according to schedule
- Effectively applying our methodology and following project standards
- As a graphic designer, you will be collaborating with the SEO team, developers, and other stakeholders to establish the vision of the project and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Assisting in conceptualizing and designing internal marketing materials (for print and the company website)
- Searching daily to expand your knowledge and resources and sharing that with the team
- Presenting organized files such as Photoshop layered/folder files
Remote/Telecommuting optional. No education or experience required for candidates who excel in our skills tests.