You have a technical degree (computer science, engineering, etc.), and a long-standing passion for writing high-quality software. To you, software is both science and art: it should read like a classic novel, and perform like a fine German automobile. As a software technologist, you possess in-depth knowledge of modern software development techniques and practices. As a software generalist, you enjoy learning new things, and solving new challenges at scale.
• Self-motived, team player. Dependable with a strong work ethic.
• Believes in automated testing, and is able to develop modular, layered software that performs well and is easy to understand.
• Some front-end experience preferred.
• Experience in software design and development.
• Knowledge of web services, server-side development, databases, and related technologies is a must.
• Experience working in a software product environment
• Must have self-motivation and display a positive attitude!
• The ability to draw up a plan, communicates it to the team, integrate feedback and execute to it.
• The ability and desire to pay attention to detail.
• The ability to learn about the code by reading it.
• The ability to identify solutions to problems
• Effective communication skills both verbal and written
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
• Solid working knowledge (i.e. proficiency) of infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell).
• Configuration management using Ansible, CloudFormation, Chef & Puppet.
• Has experience and/or interest in refactoring legacy systems to use more modern technology.
• Ability to work collaboratively with other engineers and have strong influencing and leadership skills.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently with competing deadlines.
• Aptitude for troubleshooting and resolving issues even in unfamiliar environments.
• Ability to work on complex issues that require a detailed analysis of a variety of factors.
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team of Systems Architects in support of deadlines — yet the ability to work independently, as well.
• Ability to develop longer-range project plans and schedules to complete complex projects or new product development.
• Experience in an environment that included revision control and project lifecycle tooling (Agile preferred).
• Ability to perform well in very dynamic environment.
• Must have the desire to work for an entrepreneurial company and embrace an entrepreneurial culture.