ConvertKit looking for SEO Specialist – (Remote-Contractor)
ConvertKit is on a mission to help creators earn $1B using our SaaS email marketing platform. We are 100% independent, 100% remote and are growing rapidly. We are proud to have built a product that our customers love, and we’re looking for a talented SEO Specialist contractor to help us grow our search traffic to our educational and promotional content and marketing site.
If you love uncovering and executing new search opportunities and finding new ways to drive more relevant search traffic to existing content, you’ll be a great fit for this role.
The marketing team’s goal is to build a powerful brand that speaks to our customers while creating a growth trajectory for the company that allows us to continue to invest in our product, our team, and our customers. This position will report to the Director of Marketing.
- We are a 100% remote team with people located all over the world.
- Every team member is committed to our mission, vision and values. Our mission is not your standard mailed-in variety; We exist solely to help creators earn a living from their craft, and we take that very seriously.
- Bootstrapped, profitable, and growing quickly. Reached #72 on the Inc 5000 fastest growing companies list.
ConvertKit is looking for an SEO contractor to create, implement, and execute strategy that brings the right search traffic to our content, marketing site, and app.
The best candidate is:
- Able to create a measurable SEO strategy that ties into overall content, marketing, and company goals.
- Ready to manage and execute an ongoing stream of SEO tests to increase traffic and influence app signups.
- Familiar with both on-page, off-page, and technical SEO tactics, and able to prioritize and make trade-offs among these to drive great short and long term results
- Excited to sink into the mind of our creators to find trends in metrics and iterate based on those outcomes.
The right person for this position will have:
- Enthusiasm and belief in the ConvertKit mission.
- 3+ years experience in SEO, ideally driving conversion-focused results in a SaaS business model.
- Proven ability to prioritize SEO opportunities by business value rather than pure traffic generation potential.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational and time management skills.
- A deep understanding of the blogging and online creator industry.
- Strong and demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfort in working as part of a remote team.
This is a contract position and the compensation is an hourly rate.
ConvertKit is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all of its forms and we hire the best person for each role, no matter your personal background. Research tells us that applicants who are female or non-binary, as well as applicants who are people of color, are less likely to apply for roles they do not feel 100% qualified for.
We encourage every person who is interested to apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply. Take the leap – you never know, you might just be the perfect person for one of our open roles, even if you don’t match 100% of the job description.