Crowd Favorite looking for Open Source Web Developer
At Crowd Favorite, we’re protective of our culture, our process, and our clients. When you do join our team, you’ll quickly realize this isn’t like other jobs. It’s a transformative experience.
We’re currently seeking an experienced Open Source web developer to work on a mixture of PHP software projects.
Here’s what you can expect:
The Autonomy. We’re not looking for order-followers. You’ll be given responsibility and flexibility to make your own decisions.
The Balance. Crowd Favorite isn’t a boiler room. We’d generally rather you work smart and take time to recharge.
The Favoriteers. You’ll be part of a real team. We’re a tight-knit group that respects and supports each other. You’ll know your team has your back – one for all and all for one!
Here’s who we’re looking for:
Our ideal candidate is someone who finds satisfaction in solving complex problems, is willing to take initiative, is capable of managing competing tasks on their own while also embracing collaboration. We’re looking for someone whose experience with Open Source spans the development spectrum, but who has a particular area they’ve learned deeply. For example, you might understand several technologies, such as PHP, MySQL, SASS, plus knowing how to work with something like New Relic. This is great! You know enough about the various technologies required to build and launch a site. One of those technologies, though, that’s where you find enjoyment. That’s your specialty, your technological Happy Place. Maybe you’re a CSS wizard, or you can write PHP unit tests with your eyes closed. These are the types of developers we’re looking for.
The following are different examples of the Open Source experience we’re looking for. You might not hit all of these, but these are examples of scenarios and experience needed:
- Can communicate and collaborate with other engineers, designers, and business stakeholders in a remote team environment
- Can write clean, elegant front-end code
- Believes Web standards and usability are essential to the success of any site
- Knows CSS well, including how to work with various devices and use the latest methods while providing degradation for less-recent browser versions
- Understands front-end templating, especially PHP and React
- Can write modern, standards-compliant PHP (is familiar and comfortable using PHPCS, and writing against published standards such as WordPress or PEAR)
- PHP7 is your default
- Has worked with Laravel 5, including optimizations for scale
- Has a fundamental understanding of REST APIs, including the WordPress REST API
- Can parse and understand MySQL queries and rewrite them as necessary for performance
- Is familiar with writing unit tests and acceptance tests
- Has an understanding of issues related to scaling high-performance and high-traffic websites, including the importance of quick-loading pages and how to create performant code
- Knows their way around a server—basic web server configuration, cron management, package management (apt or similar), basic shell familiarity, and other housekeeping skills – the Command Line, in other words
- Has an understanding of virtualization and experience with some flavor of virtual environments such as Docker or Vagrant
- Knows Git and adheres to a workflow, including deployment and continuous integration tools
- Has familiarity with task runners and can contribute to front-end workflows (Gulp, NPM, Grunt, Bower, etc.)
- Has excellent problem-solving skills, including analysis, identification of a problem, and clearly outlining a path to a solution
While not required, we’d love it if you had experience/familiarity with:
- Amazon Web Services
- Using and extending WP-CLI
- Configuration and deployment of Redis, Memcached, and Varnish
- Disconnected front-end websites from CMS back-ends.
- Building and managing software testing, including:
- Performance testing
- Unit testing
- Integration testing
- Acceptance testing
- Writing scripted migrations
- Can design, build, and maintain performant and well-organized databases
- Can review and interpret business and technical requirements and create working tasks
- Sharing your knowledge through training, blog posts, or documentation
Is Crowd Favorite the right place for you? If you’re interested in joining our team, get in touch! We look forward to getting to know you.
Click below link to apply for this job: