CrowdStrike looking for Sr. Designer/UI/UX Developer, Research Operations
CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service — all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World’s Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
- October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
- June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
- April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
About the Role
The Cybersecurity threat landscape is ever evolving, changing, and adapting. Our threat adversaries continue to find new ways to evade detection and compromise systems around the world. The Strategic Counter-Adversarial Research (SCAR) team’s mission is to research and develop novel technologies, procedures, and processes to counter such threat capabilities.
We are looking for a Senior-level Designer/UI/UX Developer with experience in design visualization, building and maintaining beautiful/immersive/practical front-end applications. Someone who views themselves as an artist and team player, technically proficient in visualization languages and technologies.
Stay humble. Stay positive. Stay hungry.
- Exhaustively passionate: We can’t emphasize this enough. We love what we do, and feel our work is making a notable impact and difference on a global and geopolitical scale.
- Strong work ethic: We work extremely hard, not just smart. It’s essential to our success. Be ready to be dedicated and focused.
- Team player: Our success and failures are shared together. We learn from each other. We help each other to grow and develop. We take constructive criticism gracefully and give credit where credit is due.
- Learner: Be willing to learn, to seek truth, and understanding. Take the initiative to acquire knowledge and investigate questions you might have.
- Adaptable/Agile/Flexible: Nothing ever goes according to plan, be prepared to do any task necessary that benefits and contributes to the team success (i.e. low-level data entry to high-level research design and experimentation)
- Collaborate with fellow SCAR members to design, develop and build beautiful/pragmatic front-end/immersive applications to integrate with our research systems.
- Work closely with operational engineering teams to transfer work to production.
- Be an energetic ‘self-starter’ with the ability to take ownership and be accountable for deliverables.
- Work as part of a distributed team of remote workers across time zones.
- Develop wireframes, mock-ups, workflows and interactive prototypes for testing and demonstration
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Develop asynchronous and real-time collaborative applications
- Have opportunity to work with immersive and forward-thinking technologies
- Given the opportunity, use and give back to the open source community when appropriate.
- Given opportunity to attend relevant conferences | training | workshops
- External/Internal APIs
- Degree in Design, Art, Graphics, Computer Science/Engineering (or commensurate professional experience).
- 3+ years of Design/UX/UI experience
- Experience conducting user research, usability test, analyzing and presenting results
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates creative and systematic design with deep knowledge of UX/UI best practices
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills and comfortable working remotely
- Strong foundations and experience with (HTML, CSS, JS) and web frameworks
- Experience integrating front-end applications with Internal/External APIs
Bonus points awarded for…
- Contributions to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging).
- Mobile Development (iOS/Android) experience
- Prior experience in the cybersecurity or intelligence fields
- Experience with asynchronous and distributed technologies
- Experience with API development
- Specialty skillset in specific Internal OS Architecture (Windows, Mac, Android, IOS, etc…)
- Experience with A-Frame and Three.js
Benefits of Working at Crowdstrike:
- Competitive compensation + stock options
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
- Wellness programs
- Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
- Opportunity for business travel and presentations
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry’s best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.