This is an excellent opportunity to join a high-growth startup at such an early stage.
We’re looking for an experienced PHP engineer with a lot of WordPress-savvy to join our team.
Your role is to first of all kick ass at some pretty complex WordPress-based SaaS projects and work on iterating them towards greatness.
This is not a job for building yet another client blog theme.
The job is always super interesting, rewarding, and you will get to know the business inside out. It’s a great window to how the world of business works.
We’re looking to get you adding value as soon as possible. This is not a position for learning basics.
DESIRED BACKGROUND AND SKILLSET
- Min. 4 years of experience with web development processes
- Daily work with WordPress and APIs
- External API integrations
- Strong in Git
- Work with Unix shell
- Fluent English (international team)
- BONUS: JS and frameworks – jQuery, React experience
- BONUS: CSS pre-processing – PostCSS, SASS, LESS experience
- IMPORTANT Provide demonstrable WordPress plugin source code examples for skill proof, solid GitHub profile
- Have written WordPress plugins, of various size, using object-oriented approaches
- Know `add_filter()`, `add_action()`, using closures inside out, ability to use them effectively
- Custom Post Type, Taxonomy experience, both public and non-public post types
- Gravity Forms (or equivalent level alternatives) experience, including its integration APIs
- We value clean, understandable, well-commented code – you should know official WordPress Coding Standards and have your coding environment set up to use them
- Ability to debug non-trivial WordPress (and general programming) problems in a reasonable amount of time (Kint, Xdebug, etc)
- BONUS: WooCommerce, Subscriptions, Memberships projects experience
- BONUS: Google Analytics and other types of data analytics experience
ABOUT TEAM CXL
CXL is the leading source for optimization, growth and digital analytics expertise.
We run the world’s most popular optimization blog, train marketing teams at CXL Institute, and offer managed CRO services for mid-market to enterprise companies.
Our team is comprised of people who give 100%.
If you’re one of those people who always gives 100% of yourself, and aim for 110%, we’re waiting for you. We value proactivity and passion, and we strive for excellence above all.
ADVANTAGES OF WORKING WITH US
- Learn from people who know their shit. We have some real badasses in CXL.
- Work on exciting stuff. The world is your playground. We have exciting clients and interesting projects. It’s amazing how much you learn by seeing the kitchen side of so many companies.
- Personal development. We support your growth with mentorship, necessary books, courses and so on. You get to work with people that push you to become better.
- Freedom. No one will micromanage you. We don’t have fixed hours, we have deadlines. Every week we set goals and report what we did. You have the freedom to take on and lead new projects within the company as long as they support our overall goals.
- 28 paid vacation days per year.
- Health insurance
- Be part of something big. Who thinks small, remains small. Be surrounded by people going places.
- Competitive salary + health care. Your role, responsibilities and compensation in our company can grow with you.
How to Apply?
Click below link to apply for this job:
To apply, please visit this link to complete our short assessment (up to 15 min)