DecisionPoint Corp looking for Lead WordPress Developer – Remote work
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
** Location – 100% Remote work **
- Integrate third-party application program interfaces (APIs);
- Integrate CRM and other third-party applications and databases;
- Engage with the open-source GitHub community;
- Use open-source software;
- Publish to open-source communities;
- Incorporate responsive design;
- Follow an iterative and agile development model with sprints and a regular release cycle to support continual development of web technologies;
- Provide work estimates for sprint management purposes;
- Coordinate with Government Product Owner and the O&M Team in drafting a formal release process;
- Leverage and develop APIs, plugins, and scripts as needed, to interface with internal applications, social platforms, and third-party services. Make existing high-value data and content available through web APIs;
- Develop centrally managed functionality to minimize the need for customization and manipulation of federated web properties;
- Collaboratively work with infrastructure support vendors to maintain and enhance application security, stability, and scalability;
- Re-purpose and build custom objects and custom assets that modify the functionality, look, and feel of existing platforms;
- Conduct demonstrations as needed to facilitate Department trainers in maintaining media platform functionality and ultimately training the end user;
- Draft plain language descriptions of new functionality and system upgrades, to be edited and published as release notes;
- Document the architecture, design, interfaces, APIs, and algorithms of all developed code, and draft Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Installation Procedures;
- Evaluate and modify code and functionality in response to 508 evaluations and reports, ensuring digital platform compliance with Section 508 requirements; and
- Conceive and develop functionality changes to improve the usability and user experience of web properties;
- Design, build, test, and deploy new site templates, layouts, and sections, as necessary, based on user testing;
- Conduct user testing of functionality and features, to include remote and in-person testing;
- Conduct user research to gain insights into our audiences, using tools that include: focus groups, interviews, card sorting, personas, surveys, task analysis, journey mapping, prototyping, design thinking frameworks, not limited to but including methods outlined by methods.18f.gov;
- Iteratively design for optimal user experiences, relying on data from user research and analytics;
- Design, build, and test user interfaces that ensure optimal user experiences, adhere to accessibility and branding requirements, and are based on user needs;
- Provide Information Architecture services that follow industry standards for creating, storing, accessing and presenting information, and result in the production of intuitive search, labeling, and navigation systems;
- Create templates and guidance for long-term assessment of user experience across the various life cycles of the digital platforms, that may be replicated and used across multiple sites for various audiences;
- Assess user experience of the site-implementers (those updating the site) for ease of use, to allow for simple and flexible implementation of content, design, and digital strategy to ensure a positive customer experience for the end-user;
- Assess user and customer experience using analytics software tools including but not limited to Hot Jar, Usability Hub, Crazy Egg, and other A/B testing software as recommended.
- Develop and adhere to a QA testing plan for all new code before deployment.
- AWS experience is highly preferred to include working with services to include: ELBs, EC2, Autoscale Groups, S3 Buckets, Glacier, EFS, RDS Instances, Cloudwatch metrics, SQS Queues, Anti-Virus Management Server, SES, IAM, CloudTrail, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, VPC, ELB, Elasticsearch, ElastiCache, ElasticIP, API-Gateway, Lambda, Step Function, Cognito, Elastic Transcoder, Media Convert, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Certificate Management, Kinesis, Route 53, Subnet, Network ACL, Security groups, Gateways, AMI.
- Strong emotional intelligence to create a positive work environment and professionalism in a fast-paced environment
- Strong consulting skills to ensure client advocacy with the goal of becoming a trusted advisor.
- Ability to translate a symptom reported by the client to a technical solution and convey any impacts/trade-offs to the client. Also, translate that analysis into user stories for assignment and tracking.
- Strong AGILE background that will allow monitoring of Scrum boards by the development team and ensure that the scrum will be successful by reassigning stories, performing work or deferring stories.
- Assist in story pointing to ensure that sprint backlogs are appropriately loaded.
- Field production bugs and quickly turn around by performing coding or properly identifying the best developer for assignment.
- The Lead will also be responsible for external and internal reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years’ relevant experience required with DoS, DoD, the IC, or other Federal government agency
- Tier 1 Investigation is required for this position
Click below link to apply for this job: