Designlab looking for Senior Full-Stack Developer (Remote + Part-Time).
Do you love the flexibility and freedom of working remote, but want to make sure you’re a valued member of a small team whose voice will be heard? Do you know Django and React like the back of your hand?
Get in touch!
Designlab is looking for a talented full-stack developer to help us improve and expand our rapidly-growing online education platform. We’re a nimble, product-driven team focused on building the best experience in the world for creative skills training, and thousands of students across the globe have already advanced their design skills and changed careers by taking our award-winning online courses. You’ll never get bored, because you’ll be exposed to a wide range of exciting work with us, including but not limited to: customer-facing features to support our global student & mentor base; tools to augment the superpowers of our internal team; workflows to improve payments, dev ops, and other critical processes; and growth/marketing-related experiments.
Our mission is to empower creators to do the work they love, and this extends to our culture and philosophy about work. Thanks to the quality of our product—rated best in class by reviewers at SwitchUp & Course Report—we’ve grown revenue 300% YoY since 2016 solely through organic marketing.
- Care about details, never hesitate to ask clarifying questions, and proactively anticipate corner cases
- Have excellent written communication skills
- Have experience building and deploying entire web applications from scratch
- Have 5+ years of experience working with Django
- Have 5+ years of experience working with a front-end application framework
- Have experience building applications with React/Redux
- Work directly with our co-founder/CTO and our small engineering team to augment our software development efforts.
- Participate in code reviews on PRs — we care about readability, consistency, and generally shipping great code that works 😎
- Ship early and often — add exciting new features and investigate/fix critical bugs in the web application that powers our popular online courses.
- Improve the codebase by constantly looking for places to make things faster, cleaner, clearer.
- Work from anywhere!
- Set your own work schedule
- Play an important role on a talented, mission-driven team building a product that’s innovating in the online education space with thousands of paying customers around the world
Designlab is an online platform for expert-driven creative skills education. Students learn design skills through online courses with hands-on projects, live 1-on-1 mentorship from top designers, and community interaction. We’re building a cutting-edge educational experience that provides the rigor and outcomes of offline courses, with the flexibility of an online platform. Thousands of students have taken our courses, with 5-star reviews on sites like Course Report and SwitchUp. UX Academy graduates have been hired at leading companies like Facebook, Microsoft, Sony, and more. Our mentor network is the largest community of design mentors in the industry, with more than 400 designers, many from companies like Airbnb and Dropbox. We’ve built and supported a global student and mentor community with a small/nimble team of outsized performers, and we’re looking to add similar growth-minded individuals to the team. Designlab is supported by a great mix of institutional and angel investors, including University Ventures, Forefront Venture Partners, Techstars, Andrew Kortina (co-founder of Venmo), and more.
Click below link to apply for this job: