Digital Trends looking for Senior Frontend Web Developer
Job Title: Senior Frontend Web Developer
Reports to: Dev Manager
FLSA: Salary, Exempt, Full-Time
Location: Remote or Portland, OR
Digital Trends, the largest independent tech media site in the world, is a technology/lifestyle brand with offices in Portland, Oregon; New York; Chicago; and more. We cover anything and everything in technology- from the QLED vs OLED 4k TVs, racing drones, Apple product recalls, to innovations in autonomous driving. Our content spans from news, expert analysis, guides, in-depth reviews, and more. Digital Trends provides insights to our readers in a way that enhances their lifestyle. “Tech for the Way You Live.”
Who We Are Looking For:
It’s no secret that Digital Trends is obsessed with technology. We don’t just write about cool tech, we also create it. It takes a great product to deliver great content and it takes exceptional people to build tech that drives innovation. As senior frontend developer you will be responsible for building and evolving popular websites that will be seen and used by millions of people. As part of the Digital Trends engineering team, you will leverage the latest in web development technologies to solve interesting and unique problems. You will bring an innate understanding of how these technologies intersect and scale to provide an excellent user experience for our readers. You will build innovative solutions that fulfill both visual and technical requirements.
At Digital Trends, engineering is a crucial part of our business culture. If you are a self-motivated developer who is passionate about code then we want you to come grow with our team.
What You’ll Do:
- Build and maintain templates/components
- Build, test, and debug code
- SEO/Performance Optimization
- REST/JSON API integration
- A/B Testing
- Project timeline estimation
- Mentor junior developers
- Delegation of tasks
- Learn, utilize, and enforce development best practices
What We Require:
- Strong proficiency with CSS/Less/Sass
- Fluency in UX/UI best practices
- Experience working with vector graphics
- Experience working with Adobe Suite or similar tools
- Familiarity with WordPress/PHP
- College degree in IT, Development, or a closely related field preferred. Applicable work experience may be substituted in lieu of this.
- Ability to self motivate
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks effectively and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to communicate and provide feedback effectively to others.
- Test Driven Development
- Media/Publishing experience
- Email/Newsletter experience
- Growth Hacking
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive benefits package including:
- Individual and Family Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Company-paid Short and Long-term Disability
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off) Program
- 401k plus employer match up to 3.5%
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Pre-tax Commuter Transit and Parking Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid sabbatical leave after 5 years of service
- Fun working environment! Our perks include:
- Free beer and kombucha on tap
- Free espresso
- Free drinks and healthy snack options
- Foosball & ping pong tables
- Big-screen TVs
- Bike racks
- In-office shower
- In-office laundry machines (while testing them for reviews)
- Full kitchen and much more!
- Company paid annual Tri-Met commuter transit pass (PDX only)
- Free membership to gym within building (PDX only)
As an is an equal opportunity employer, Digital Trends encourages, honors, and values diversity. Our goal is to create a culture of inclusion. We are committed to fostering a positive multigenerational and multicultural workforce by supporting inclusion in all forms, both within our company and across interactions with our audience, clients, and candidates.
Click below link to apply for this job: