Are you a talented and creative developer? Are you driven by creating great code that makes users happy?
Do you want great challenges, an exciting team to work with, opportunities to see your ideas come to life, and the flexibility of working remotely?
Well, read on.
We put people first and because we know that life is about more than just work, we’ll give you space and support to thrive professionally and personally. Our success is fuelled by the positive attitudes and exceptional talent of our team – who live by our learn, care, share values every day. Learn more about values and benefits.
What we do
Our vision is to give everyone the power to produce digital learning that delivers transformational impact on personal development and business performance.
Our SaaS elearning authoring platform is used by the likes of Tesco, Oxfam, The Open University and Coca-cola produce, distribute and measure digital transformative digital learning in smarter, faster ways. We’re consistently highly rated by our customers and have a number of awards under our belt.
In May 2019 we raised £3.5 million of investment to accelerate our growth – which includes hiring exceptional people to join our team!
Elucidat is a very modern business, offering a flexible working environment, including working hours and location. We have a fun culture and are willing to take risks in an industry that is traditionally conservative (where few Learning Technology products really ‘stand out’).
So how can I help?
Well – you’ll be:
- A full stack JS developer with a passion for working in a team.
- You’ll work closely with a Product Manager through the full SDLC, helping to evaluate, plan, build and deliver great features through the Agile methodology.
- You’ll inspire your team to deliver high quality product iterations each sprint, and work with them to estimate and plan upcoming work.
- You’ll report directly to the developer manager & provide feedback to help adapt and enhance our processes
What you need…
- Track record delivering beautiful, scalable web apps through React, Node.js and other modern JS technologies (ES6 is desired)
- Previous experience as a Lead developer, ability to motivate and drive a team towards its goals.
- Strong understanding of the Agile methodology, particularly Scrum.
- A drive to deliver robust code through TDD/BDD. Git experience is a must.
- Knowledge of database technologies (SQL & NoSQL), and knows how best to use them.
- Good understanding of design patterns and methodologies like MVC & SOLID
Nice to have…
- An understanding or experience within an e-learning context
- Background or experience within a startup would also be useful
- Infrastructure/dev-ops skills, serverless, or CI/CD/Jenkins are a big bonus.
- Our company values are ‘Learn, Care, Share‘ which we apply to all aspects of our work, from our flexible working opportunities, to our friendly, supportive culture.
- Remote working & flexible working give a healthy work/life balance – opportunities to help you juggle other commitments, e.g. childcare
- As we’re mostly a remote team, we organise regular get-togethers for hack days and socials at our Brighton HQ.
- Competitive salary, 25 days holiday (increasing to 30)
- Dedicated learning time – learning is one of our core values so we ensure this is nurtured within the company, too, by offering you a day of dedicated learning time every month.
- Giving back – There are opportunities for staff to give back to non-profit activities or charities that support the wider community. We also provide discounts on our software to charities such as Oxfam and Unicef.
- Everyone has a voice – We are building a culture where everyone is respected and has a voice in the day-to-day running of the company – a workplace where everyone is valued for the contributions they make. Our quarterly objectives (OKRs) are set by the entire team and we use the latest technologies to collect regular feedback anonymously through polling and pulse checks. We continually celebrate individual and collective achievements.