Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a full-time Senior Creative Graphic Designer Specializing in Web Sites and UX to help us create great user experiences for our growing client list in the services area and
** Please note – candidates without web design examples (or online portfolio) will not be considered **
This is a fantastic opportunity for an accomplished graphic designer who loves the web (and the occasional logo design for a change of pace). You should also have experience executing design and marketing projects from concept to production for websites, online promotions and branding.
You need to be an excellent design strategist familiar with a number of business models. You’ll also need to be a self-starter who is comfortable working with both clients and our production team of developers and copywriters.
We are a boutique digital marketing agency specializing in internet marketing for service-based businesses, charities, and not-for-profits. Our clients across Canada and United States rely on us as a trusted partner for their digital marketing needs.
We are a remote first company and are able to invest in the best people, regardless of where they live in Canada.Learn more about us and our culture >
We’re based in Ottawa – but you don’t need to be.
This position is open to all residents of Canada. The successful candidate can work out of our Ottawa office or their home office. As long as you can work full time hours and be available during the majority of our regular business hours, you can be based anywhere in Canada (but you’ll definitely need a fast Internet connection).
If you can meet the requirements outlined below, we’d love to meet you.
Your education and experience includes:
- Graphic Design degree or diploma (and ideally you’re also a certified RGD)
- 5+ years experience working in a web design, digital marketing agency, or similar environment(s)
Naturally you have the following…..
- Strong work ethic
- Love of design
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- A good eye for selecting photographs and illustrations
- Excellent strategic thinking and planning abilities
- Gift for working with clients
You have experience and expertise in:
- Adobe suite software
- Layout design in WordPress
- Logo / branding design
- UX (user experience) strategies (and presenting them to clients)
- Responsive web design
- Designing promotions for client sites
- Nice to have: knowledge of how design relates to good SEO (search engine optimization)
It’s not just what you do, it’s how you do it. You’re also able to:
- Guide team members on best practices in design, UX, and user flow
- Conduct design presentations to clients, outlining UX and/or other logical rationales
- Collaborate with developers, copywriters and project managers
- Take constructive criticism and provide alternate solutions when needed
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Work within tight timelines
- Provide input during group discussions
- Learn and adapt to our existing processes and provide feedback on how to improve them
- Interpret instructions from other team members
- Manage time in order to help keep projects on budget
- Assign tasks to appropriate team members
- Communicate directly with clients in writing, in-person and over the phone
- Provide time estimates and help with sales quotes.
If you think you have what it takes, we invite you to send us your resume, cover letter, and a link to your design portfolio.
Shortlisted candidates will be given a small design project (for pay) as part of our final evaluation process.
Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Graphic Design for Web Sites: 5 years (Required)
- English and lives in CANADA (Required)