Eyeful Media looking for Director / Manager Search Engine Optimization (SEO) | SEO Consultant (Remote)
Eyeful Media is a fast growing digital consulting firm that specializes in helping mid-sized companies increase their online revenue and improve their digital presence. We have tripled in size year over year exclusively through word of mouth and referrals from other clients. As we scale, we are seeking to expand our team of digital marketing professionals across various disciplines. If you’re looking for a great SEO job that provides flexibility and the opportunity to work with a handful of great clients, you’ve found it.
We are looking for a Manager or Director of SEO to lead our consulting firm’s search engine optimization (SEO) function for our clients and owned websites. This person must have experience running SEO programs in house for eCommerce companies, developing strategies and prioritizing resources to drive the largest impact possible.
The head of SEO will work closely with our clients and their peers to drive and implement strategic initiatives for overall organic search program improvement, traffic and revenue growth, and oversee content strategy and link building programs.
You must be strong analytically and technically, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity in an ever-changing landscape. Experience with B2B, B2C and content sites is strongly desirable since the SEO leader will be working with various types of businesses ranging from toy companies to software companies, and everything in between.
The leader should be pragmatic, but also a creative thinker who can audit and improve programs, exhibit leadership and persuasion skills, be comfortable using a variety of analytics tools and excel at working with people of differing levels of SEO acumen.
The SEO Manager / Director will be responsible for managing internal and external teams for strategy and implementation, and contributing to the execution of their strategy, with the long-term goal of increasing traffic, revenue and profit from organic search to our client’s websites and several sites that we own.
We are looking for an individual that is both comfortable setting strategic direction and is also willing to get his/her hands dirty in executing this strategy.
This individual can be based anywhere in the USA. We are open to candidates who have between 20-40 hours of availability per week, as long as this isn’t a side hustle. You must be available during standard working hours.
- Develop and implement strategic action plans to accelerate the achievement of long and short-term SEO objectives for our clients and owned sites
- Audit new client’s websites and report on findings in a way that non-marketing executives can easily comprehend and value
- Create plans that include key initiatives and strategies, as well as detailed tactics
- Understand the major factors that influence organic search crawling, indexing and keyword ranking to help increase relevance search engines including but not limited to on Google, Yahoo, and Bing.
- Research, identify, and establish link partnerships to help increase ranking and relevance. Develop evaluation methods for link quality. Review inbound link profile and competitor link profiles to determine the best backlink strategy to improve traffic against top keywords for our clients
- Understand and support an understanding of how SEO goals and commitments fit into a larger corporate strategy
- Create content plans that support branding efforts as well as SEO-focused areas in terms of ranking and revenue
- Perform basic search engine optimization activities, including but not limited to: keyword research/ranking analysis, competitive market analysis, keyword friendly copywriting, and analysis of our client’s sites implementation of SEO industry best practices.
- Manage external SEO partnerships including other freelancers, SEO tools and copywriters
- Review content created by other team members and provide recommendations for optimization. Mentor our copywriters, and those of clients.
- Partner with client’s teams to develop shareable, engaging content that supports earned media objectives
- Track and report on metrics, including referrals, link popularity, rankings, traffic and conversion using tools such as Google Analytics, Ahrefs, Moz, SEMRush and Majestic.
- Monitor and report on key SEO industry trends and how they will impact our clients and owned sites
- Work on other projects as needed
- 10+ years of SEO experience including both tactical and strategic achievement
- A background showing quantifiable success in SEO for other ecommerce and B2B companies; experience with local SEO is a strong plus
- Proven analytical ability and quantitative skills – strong Excel skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills are essential. Must be able to hypothesize and analyze root causes and then make data-driven recommendations regarding solutions and opportunities. Understand how/when to incorporate qualitative data into decision-making.
- Innovative thinker who isn’t afraid to challenge status quo and make bold recommendations
- Cross-team negotiation skills and superior communications skills
- Energy / capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and stay focused and organized
- Strong understanding of all three pillars of SEO: strategic, technical and content
- Self-starter/motivator who strives for quantifiable results; able to work remotely with limited supervision
- Knowledge of best-in-class SEO and analytics tools including Google Analytics, Ahrefs, Brightedge, Moz, SEMRush, etc.
- Experience leading, managing and developing people
- Experience presenting to executives
- Consulting experience is a huge plus
Click below link to apply for this job: