FeedForward looking for Software Engineer
Artificial intelligence to enable human creativity. We create products and services for the creative industries, with a focus on music and media.
FeedForward exists to work with businesses and creators within the creative industry who want to work with AI, but don’t have access to the expertise. We are the bridge between the frontier of machine learning and its applications. Our primary product is Figaro, an AI search engine for music and sound catalogues.
FeedForward is growing rapidly. As a business, we are committed to sustainable growth – we have grown organically since we started at the beginning of 2018 and have recently taken strategic angel investment to accelerate the development of Figaro. On the back of our growth, we are looking to scale our engineering team.
As a Software Engineer at FeedForward, your mission is to design and build systems that let our customers utilise the value of their data using machine learning. To achieve this, you will contribute to all parts of the agile product development lifecycle.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Work with web, cloud, and machine learning technologies
- Design scalable systems and infrastructure
- Extend and maintain our core APIs
- Work with large audio and metadata datasets
- Research new ways to deploy audio ML models
- Collaborate with our research team
- Write clean, tested, and maintainable code in multiple languages
- Enhance a strong culture of innovation within the company
- Communicate ideas and technical guidance to the wider team, and potentially also to board-level and client stakeholders
WHO YOU ARE
You should have:
- Experience maintaining APIs at scale
- Solid understanding of how web technologies such as HTTP work
- Knowledge of Extreme Programming development practices (e.g. pair programming or TDD)
In addition, having any of the following is a bonus:
- Proficiency in Python
- Front-end programming skills (e.g. React.js)
- Proficiency in at least one statically typed language
- Professional experience with AWS, MongoDB, and Docker
- Knowledge of audio programming and production
- Some knowledge of machine learning libraries (e.g. Tensorflow)
We welcome applicants returning to the workplace after a career break.
Remote friendly, flexible working, with core hours between 11am – 3pm. We are open to considering part-time roles.
Competitive, dependent upon experience.
With a founding team whose experience includes mathematics, music, software engineering, arts, science and business, we know that creativity and diversity aren’t just buzzwords, they’re our recipe for making good things happen.
We have only got this far because we have brought together different people, with different skills, into a single team. We are still small and you have the opportunity to both join and shape the company culture.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your C.V. and any materials relevant to your role to email@example.com
Click below link to apply for this job: