Fitbod looking for Front-end Web Developer
- Build out our web product suite from scratch.
- Collaborate with our technical team to make core architectural decisions.
- Work with our design and product team to define, architect, scope and build user-facing features on the web.
- Support web-based marketing efforts such as microsites and landing pages.
- Utilize the latest web standards and technologies.
- Mentoring other engineers by participating in code reviews.
- Ensure efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions.
- Participate in Design reviews and ensure a high quality bar for front-end feature implementation.
- 4+ years experience in front-end web development
- Experience building single-page web applications
- Strong experience with Rails, preferably Rails 5; understanding of ActiveSupport, ActiveRecord, ActionCable
- Strong understanding of HTML and HTML-generating markup languages like ERB, HAML, SLIM or Liquid
- Strong understanding of CSS and CSS-generating markup languages like SCSS, SASS or LESS
- Strong attention to design detail; able to faithfully implement a responsive design based on mockups provided by Product team
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Redis
- Deep knowledge of API design principles and best-practices, caching, resiliency, REST, etc.
- A comfortability using testing frameworks to write client-side and server-side tests (automated QA)
Bonus if you have the following:
- Experience with full-stack web development
- Building A/B testing services
- Experience with security, networking and devops
- Using Terraform to manage cloud-based infrastructure on GCP and AWS