Fitt is the go-to resource for connecting with your local fitness community.
Our local contributors are on the ground in cities around the globe to help you discover the best workout spots, healthy eats, outdoor adventures, and upcoming events nearby. We’re fitness-loving locals, health-minded foodies, and adventure seekers who are active in our local fitness scene. We love breaking a sweat, brunching, grabbing a beer, and hanging out with friends. Our dream scenario? Any activity that combines all of the above.
Fitt is hiring a freelance writer to contribute community-minded content on fitness studios, healthy restaurants, outdoor activities, and events for its Pittsburgh edition. This is your opportunity to combine two of your all-time passions: writing and living a healthy lifestyle.
The ideal candidate has in-depth knowledge of Pittsburgh’s health and fitness community, and experience as a wellness, food, travel, or destination guide writer in digital media.
- Write, edit, and proofread articles to create shareable and engaging content
- Assist the Editorial Team in generating new content topics
- Craft highly shareable and attention grabbing headlines
- Connect with your community to be tuned-in to the latest and greatest fitness news
- Meet regular submission deadlines
- Must be based in the city to which you are applying
- Know the local fitness scene inside and out
- Relate with our target readership (18-34yo)
- Strong writing skills, including editorial or communications background
- Passion for health, fitness, and your local fitness community
- Proficient in Google Docs
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should complete the accompanying application along with a cover letter, resume, links to relevant writing samples/clips, and a thoughtful response to the prompt that follows. The goal of your submission is to showcase your knowledge of your city’s fitness community and ability to speak to Fitt’s core audience in a way that aligns with our style/brand.