FUNCTIONAL WORKS looking for Senior Software Engineer($145K – 190K + Equity)
Who are we?
Our platform processes giant event streams of all kinds, identifying patterns, trends and opportunities to intervene and improve processes, aided by machine learning. Our vision will change the way people engage across multiple industries, be it retail, finance, or healthcare.
We engage individuals with unique, multi-step experiences that bridge their motivations to goals. We connect with them through their preferred modes of communication – including mobile, email, web, and in person – to create a seamless journey.
What we are looking for:
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work across three platforms, all created using
Haskell. Our first platform was created for and is used by Starbucks scaling across 10 million users. Now we’re creating our future platform to handle multiple clients scaling across 35 million + users 😳. This position will be focused on building that platform as well as maintaining the reliability and scalability of our other two platforms.
As our engineer, you’ll work in small, self-sufficient teams with the shared goal of delivering excellent software anchored in an agile culture of quality, delivery, and innovation. You understand that legacy code is the work you did yesterday. You also share our passion for functional programming and using data to solve complex problems.
- Design , build, and operate distributed systems in production using
- Deliver working software in short sprints
- Help invent novel solutions for ridiculously hard problems
- Bring a high level of innovation
- Help grow our engineering team
- Things you might work on include services that process user transaction data, workflow, ingress and egress of data, and fulfillment.
- Significant experience using functional languages (
Clojure, etc.) to build production systems or complex personal projects, or to make major OSS contributions
- Real-world experience designing, developing, testing, and deploying systems based on SOA or micro-services
- Skilled at designing and implementing SQL and NoSQL data persistence stores and caches
- Experience building REST API services using functional languages and design principles
- Ability to build infrastructure for real-time analytics and real-time predictive intelligence based on large, diverse, and dynamic data sets
- Experience with:
- Immutable infrastructure
- Developer focused tooling
- Continuous deployment
$145K – 190K + Equity
Full time – Remote working
San Francisco, in northern California, is well known for being a tech haven. However, as one of the most visited cities in the world, it’s also a center of cultural and there’s a strong counter culture sensibility that’s always been an essential part of the city. San Francisco has one of the most prominent LGBT communities in the world, and is one of the most important in the history of LGBT rights and activism.
The economy of San Francisco is influenced by household tech companies such as Salesforce.com, Reddit, Dropbox, Airbnb, Yelp, Uber, Lyft, etc. The third quarter of 2017, saw $4.177 billion in funding for companies in San Francisco and the North Bay Area. An hour south of the city is “Silicon Valley” which homes Apple, Facebook, Google and Palantir.
Known for its year-round fog, iconic Golden Gate Bridge, cable cars and colorful Victorian houses. It’s also the home of the famous Alcatraz Island, site of the notorious former prisoner Al Capone.