GatherContent is a Content Operations Platform that helps teams produce high quality content, at scale. Customers use our product to manage the people and processes required to create effective content that meets user needs.
We work with leading digital agencies, higher education institutions, governments, non-profits and membership organisations. Some of our customers include Digitas LBI, Harvard University, The Australian Government and Doctors without Borders.
We launched in 2012 and now help thousands of customers, all over the world. Our team is fully remote, working from all over the UK.
We’re looking for an experienced, UK-based Front-end Developer who wants to be part of a remote-working, fast growing startup (we’ve been around for a few of years). You will be working as part of our Agile, 10 person team to help deliver iterations to our product.
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Pay: 35k to 45k, dependent on what you bring to the table
- Working remotely anywhere in the UK. (we offer budget for co-working spaces or to support your home office)
Please be aware that although the position is remote, we will need you to travel to London during the interview process, and attend a team days / product team meet-ups every few months.
What we need
- Your undivided passion, energy, focus and enthusiasm for both the role and our business.
- A self-starter attitude with experience managing and prioritising your own workload.
- An ability to get things done quickly (whilst maintaining quality); working to a pace.
- A team-player who works as well with others as well as individually.
- Strong opinions, loosely held – you have no fear when it comes to contributing ideas and participating in discussions with the team. You’re also happy to take critique, self-improve and move forward fast.
- Innovation – you need to be open and willing to adopt new ways of working. Our processes are constantly evolving and we always look to take a lean approach.
- Customer focus – You should always be thinking, “What can I be doing to deliver the most value to our customers?”
- Leave your ego at the door. We make decisions based on what’s right for the company, no exceptions. If you can’t work this way, please don’t apply.
- Integrity- you do the right thing and know how to set expectations
- Direct feedback- you’re comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Continuous improvement- you’re always looking for ways to better yourself and company processes
- Wellness- you live a balanced routine and avoid heroism and burnout
The skills we’re looking for are
- Package management
- Webpack, React & Redux
- Test Driven Development
- Excellent HTML and CSS skills
Bonus points for experience with
- Working remotely
- Working in a startup environment
- Agile Development Principles
- Pair programming
What we can offer you
- Remote working – We’re a distributed team, so whether you want to join a co-working space or get your work done from a mountain hut, the choice and flexibility are yours.
- Family friendly – We’re very family oriented, so if the little one needs to have their jabs or wants to sit in during a meeting, that’s fine too!
- Work/life balance – We work a 35 hour week and encourage downtime. We don’t want people burning out. We offer a full Headspace or Calm subscription and have free mental health support available.
- The chance to make a big impact – We’re a small team of 20 (and growing), and we don’t do silos, so there’s a big opportunity for you to collaborate closely with people across the whole company and make your mark.
- Easy-going team – We enjoy spending time with each other. Not being in the office together every day makes the heart grow fonder, so every 3 months or so we organise for the whole team to hang out and catch up. Our recent expeditions have included a Breaking Bad Cocktail Making experience (with virgin options), a food tour across London’s east end, and making Christmas wreaths for that festive feeling.
- Need a holiday? We offer 35 days of holiday per year, which means more time to do something off the beaten path
- Growth – We believe it’s important for people to have the resources to grow both personally and professionally, so we offer a generous conference and books budget to help you scratch that knowledge itch.
You need to include the word ‘beetroot’ in your cover letter to show that you’ve read the job role (this helps us weed out time wasters!)
Closing date: 1st of February 2019
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.