Gauge looking for Magento Developer
Gauge is a collective of people who are passionate about two things: the web and helping people. We share a love of tech, design, and business, and a gung-ho urge to zag when everyone else zigs. All of us care deeply about our work and our partners in that work. This gutsy, authentic approach makes us a great fit for eCommerce retailers throughout the country.
Gauge has grown steadily since 2007. We take the long-term view, both in-house and with our clients. We need team members who are organized, proactive, and adventurous. If you daydream about what it could look like to be part of a web company that team members and clients want to partner with for decades, we would love to talk with you. We hope you are ready to be a major part of building the culture and creative process here at Gauge.
We are based in a modern office in sunny Savannah, GA, but we have remote team members all over the United States. This position is open to both on-site and remote candidates.
Gauge is a special place, thanks to the dedicated, ambitious, down-to-earth, and geeky people who make up our team. All of us truly invest in the clients and team members we work with. We want people who share our passion for creativity, business, and technology. We’ve built a team of diverse people from entrepreneurs to project managers, designers and developers. We all work together to challenge and strengthen each other so we can do the best work of our lives. Thanks to this atmosphere, many team members have chosen to stay with our team for a long time. More than 75% of our team members have been with Gauge for over 4 years. We are both stable and growing.
Our clients are people with dreams, families, and most of all, stories. The people we partner with represent growing, dynamic, and competitive businesses. They come from many different industries and backgrounds. We have the pleasure of helping them build something great. If we do our job right, they’ll get to build stable and thriving businesses, hire more people, achieve career goals, and work towards their dreams.
We don’t forget that there are people behind the email addresses we see everyday. They are motivated, interesting, and trusting, and we have built friendships as we’ve done business over the years. These long-term relationships and creative partnerships add up to make our job incredibly rewarding. It takes work to build and maintain that level of trust; this is your primary duty.
As a Magento Developer, your primary focus will be building and maintaining outstanding eCommerce sites on the Magento platform. You’ll work closely with Project & Account Managers and other Developers to set expectations, execute and track tasks, meet deadlines, and ensure excellent development overall.
This is a mid-level developer position that requires both technical Magento skills and “soft” skills like communication, time management, documentation, and collaboration. In-depth knowledge and fluency in Magento 2 is a must; experience working with a development team is important. The Gauge dev team works together to solve problems, learn from each other, and build the best products we possibly can. If we were musicians, we’d be an orchestra or jam band, not a group of separate rock stars. If that’s exciting to you, we want to talk!
We have a wide variety of clients from a wide variety of industries. Our services include both big implementations and ongoing maintenance services. Most client communication is channeled through Project & Account Managers, but sometimes you’ll need to speak directly with clients. The ability to do so in a friendly, accessible, polished way is vital.
We’re all about learning and growing, so you’ll be actively involved in both sharing your Magento expertise and learning from your fellow team members. You’ll be expected to hone your technical expertise and to build your management and leadership skills over time. We actively support this growth by providing resources, time, and a growth-oriented environment. We promote from within and reward initiative.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Work successfully with our team to help our clients grow their businesses
- Develop and maintain custom Magento 2 sites, modules, and integrations
- Research, install, and configure various Magento 2 Extensions
- Actively learn and develop your skills, and help cross-train development team members
- Contribute to internal projects and code libraries, develop reusable snippets, and be actively involved in planning
- Collaborate with other team members, clients, and partners
- Work in a command line environment to perform automated tasks
- Update clients about project details during active projects, and help educate clients on the platform and web technology
- Develop documentation for code, standards, and workflow
All Gauge team members need:
- A deep level of care about the quality of your work and how it reflects on your character.
- Strong self-management practices with meticulous attention to detail.
- The ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks over multiple projects with strict deadlines.
- A level head under pressure.
- A natural tendency to be proactive and take the lead in solving problems as you find them.
- A hunger for personal and professional growth.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), tact, professional vulnerability, and other leadership skills needed to coordinate and facilitate healthy, disciplined teamwork.
- Humor and professional self-confidence.
- Basic understanding of Agile workflow and development methodologies
- Excellent documentation, research, learning, and teaching skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve issues both individually and collaboratively
- Several years of Magento development experience, with hands-on experience with Magento 2
- Proficiency with Mac OS X
- Familiarity with using command line environments
- Intermediate-level knowledge of PHP & other OOP languages
- Experience working with MySQL
- Expert-level PHP knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of Ruby, Node.js, and MySQL
- Experience with NoSQL database & key-value systems (Couchbase, Redis, etc.)
- Experience with Varnish
- Professional DevOps experience
- Experience leading teams of developers
(Provided in compliance with ADA. Applicants must be able to meet the following, with or without reasonable accommodations.)
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 50% of the time
- Must be able to operate a computer and other office machinery
- Must be able to coordinate, lead, and communicate accurately and clearly via email, videoconference, and phone calls
- Must be able to detect, recognize, and assess flaws, color issues, bugs, and changes on websites
- Must be able to travel to Gauge main offices in Savannah at least once per quarter, and to travel for position- or department-related learning events, networking events, and client meetings as needed
- Paid Time Off: (eligible after 60 days) 20 vacation days, 9 predetermined holidays, 6 sick days
- Insurance: (eligible after 60 days) Medical (50% employee premium paid by Gauge); Life insurance (paid by Gauge); Dental, Vision, Short-term & Long-term Disability, and Supplemental Insurance; Spouse, dependent, & family coverage available for most options
- Retirement:(eligible after 1 year) Simple IRA with dollar-for-dollar matching funds, up to 3% of annual salary
- Growth: A company-wide focus on professional development, including paid certifications and learning initiatives, on-the-clock learning time, company book clubs, and more
- Tons of other perks, like open, transparent leadership, no-bull no-politics culture, team social times, awesome equipment, and more
Click below link to apply for this job: