Glofox looking for Senior DevOps Engineer – Remote/Dublin/Galway/Belfast
Who we are
Glofox is on a mission to revolutionize the boutique fitness industry. We are doubling in size every year, and along with our ever-growing client base that spans 30 distinct countries, our team is dedicated to taking group fitness to the next level.
We’re a hard-working, fun-loving, get-things-done type of team that are building a platform that saves time, increases retention and ultimately, helps studio and gym owners become more successful. At Glofox, we love entrepreneurs because we are entrepreneurs. We know how much grit it takes to start your own business and grow it into something that lasts. We roll our sleeves up, we act fast, and we learn together. We’re looking for people that will do the same.
We’re on a journey towards a service oriented architecture to help us scale faster. This is our technical stack today:
- PHP, Nodejs and Golang
- Angular (in process of moving to ReactJS)
- ReactNative on mobile
- MySQL and MongoDB
What you will be doing
- Collaborate with a team of designers, developers, product owners, and work towards transforming ideas into unique, human experiences for current and future fitness entrepreneurs
- Design, build, and maintain the core infrastructure used by all of Glofox’s engineering squads
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Code! We don’t subscribe to the “post-technical” ivory tower leadership style. An advocate for clean code and engineering practices.
- Contribute to our culture of shipping faster and being nimble to ever changing priorities
Projects you could work on:
- Request tracing – make it easier for any engineer, when debugging, to trace a request from its source down to every service it touched.
- Rollout instrumentation across platform which will help us to pinpoint the issues around bad deploys and evaluate the impact.
- Migrate all build pipelines from Jenkins to CircleCi
- We have a bunch of projects around deploying and running code: help us instantly roll back bad deploys so that we can recover quickly, and build infrastructure that lets us scale up our API workers in seconds in response to high API load.
- Plan and implement multi-region availability for our distributed infrastructure across multiple services, RDBMS and NoSQL databases.
- Implement automation to create on demand testing environments. Bring up and tear down our entire stack(across services and databases) for testing purposes.
What skills you’ll need
- 6+ years of relevant experience, you’ve built servers in Data Centers, private and public clouds, and kept an online production environment humming.
- Exceptionally strong experience with the following technologies
- AWS – ECS, Fargate, EKS, RDS, Lambda, VPC Peering, Multi Region deployments, Cloudfront, S3, Redshift
- Nginx, php-fpm
- NewRelic, Datadog
- Coding or scripting experience in a professional setting using languages such as, but not limited to: Python, Terraform, Ansible, Java, Go, Node
- Familiar with the core concepts of distributed systems, having experience working with distributed data, caching, networking, and application systems in the past
- Knowledge of networking services (DNS), routing (BGP), protocols (TCP/IP), and tools (ping, tracert)
- Strong understanding and experience with Infrastructure performance and optimization techniques.
And we will be impressed if you have:
- A Knowledge of Kafka, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, redis and general K/V datastores
- Startup mentality with enterprise awareness. That means you can manage competing priorities, that you’re ready to pivot or adjust plans quickly, and that you understand the role you and your team play in major organizations’ tech strategies.
- Experience contributing to the professional community as a speaker, author or online contributor
- Community Involvement with open source contribution
What you will get
- The chance to work at a hyper-growth venture-backed startup in an exciting industry
- The opportunity to feel true purpose in your efforts by powering fitness entrepreneurs, making them successful and enabling them to improve the health of people on a global stage
- Autonomy to make what you will; a team, a product or even just a way of doing things
- Competitive compensation with share options
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Taxsaver tickets and BikeToWork scheme
- Free monthly Gym and fitness studio usage
- Any support you need to level up your skills – conferences, books, screencasts
- We embrace flexible, remote work and have a distributed team across multiple countries