Glofox looking for Senior Front End Developer – Remote/Dublin/Galway/Belfast
Who we are
Glofox is on a mission to revolutionize the boutique fitness industry. We are doubling in size every year, and along with our ever-growing client base that spans 30 distinct countries, our team is dedicated to taking group fitness to the next level.
We’re a hard-working, fun-loving, get-things-done type of team that are building a platform that saves time, increases retention and ultimately, helps studio and gym owners become more successful. At Glofox, we love entrepreneurs because we are entrepreneurs. We know how much grit it takes to start your own business and grow it into something that lasts. We roll our sleeves up, we act fast, and we learn together. We’re looking for people that will do the same.
What we need
We are looking to add a Senior Front End Engineer to join our highly motivated team; with a fantastic product; crafted with a cutting edge tech stack, and a huge opportunity to realise. We do things differently here, by getting our engineers working closely with Product Managers, Business and Marketing, right from ideation stage, so as a member of the team you’ll be around to ask the awkward questions and try the scenarios that product managers or business functions don’t dream up.
If you’re looking to join a scaling startup and you’re willing to work hard to solve some complex problems for a very large market, then we are looking for you.
What you will be doing
- Collaborate with a team of designers, developers, product owners, and work towards transforming ideas into unique, human experiences for current and future fitness entrepreneurs
- Bringing up-to-date expertise in front-end web technologies to the team and applying this to the development, execution, and improvement of our products.
- Contribute to our culture of shipping faster and being nimble to ever changing UX priorities
What skills you’ll need
- 5+ years of experience building sites using bare-bones HTML, CSS and JS. We love and use frameworks, but you need to understand the fundamentals.
- Advocate of front-end development standards, design patterns, and best practices
- Experience with client side MVC Frameworks specifically AngularJS (is a must) – ReactJS experience will be beneficial for our future
- Experience with local development tools (node.js, NPM, Grunt, Bower, Yarn, Webpack)
- Implementing responsive layouts with adaptive grids
- Experience in building PWAs
- Thorough understanding of techniques to have browser compatibility, backwards and forwards.
- Strong CSS3 experience, including pre- and post- processors.
- Secure programming – knowledge of common threats and how to recognise and avoid writing exploitable code
- Strong understanding and experience with Frontend performance and optimization techniques.
What you will get
- The chance to work at a hyper-growth venture-backed startup in an exciting industry
- The opportunity to feel true purpose in your efforts by powering fitness entrepreneurs, making them successful and enabling them to improve the health of people on a global stage
- Autonomy to make what you will; a team, a product or even just a way of doing things
- Competitive compensation with share options
- Macbooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Taxsaver tickets and BikeToWork scheme
- Free monthly Gym and fitness studio usage
- Any support you need to level up your skills – conferences, books, screencasts
- We embrace flexible, remote work and have a distributed team across multiple countries