Grey Horse looking for Social Media Director (Remote)(Salaries start at $75k)
Grey Horse is a full-service communications agency established in 2016 by Kate Gardiner. We work with prominent brands, startups and individuals to build a comprehensive, audience-driven and sustainable community supporting award winning media, products and ideas. We are fully remote, friendly to all individuals and orientations, fun and focused on doing our best for the clients who choose us – and the communities we create. It’s a great company for someone with a journalism or writing background looking to make a change. Here is our employee handbook
Social Media Account Director
It is crucial that this person is an expert in social media management and audience engagement. We require a master of Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn paid and organic strategies. Literacy on other platforms like TikTok and Snapchat are a huge plus.
This position will be responsible for management of all Grey Horse and client social strategies. As we are a small company, this position also requires some administrative work and the ability to serve as an account manager for some projects.. Clients are varied (crisis, media, social) and entirely high profile.
The right person will be passionate about helping to develop social media strategies that emphasize our client’s ideas and propel their brand, while creating practical paths to the success of books, television shows, public personae and digital platforms.
Our staff bond with our clients in meaningful ways, helping them through often trying circumstances as they realize their dreams. Our team members are passionate about their projects, enthusiastic about the work we’re doing to further women in the workplace, and adapt readily to unexpected circumstances. They are adept at managing expectations, providing real results and strategically deploying resources to support individuals when needed.
Our employees thrive in collaborative, fast-paced environments and can quickly turn around ideas in client-friendly ways, while considering reasonable restrictions and challenges wherever they may arise. They successfully deliver cutting-edge social media strategies, amazing influencer campaigns, measurable KPIs for social success, strong strategic concepts and the occasional viral video or rockstar partnership.
Grey Horse staff are quick to respond to clients with necessary information, can think on their feet, and have a significant aptitude for developing everything from long-term audience engagement strategies from platform engagement to earned media placements. We believe our clients can succeed – and aren’t shy about going to the wall to make that true for those we work with.
Our staff rigorously avoid public-facing typos and go out of their way to be politically correct and decorous whenever necessary. Account managers draft or commission social media content, write press releases and pitches, organize client announcements, create media lists and above all are their clients’ biggest fans and strongest advocates.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- 3-5 years of direct experience in social media strategy (public relations or journalism experience also preferred, but not required)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited institution
- Strong writing skills in English (prove it!)
- Content production and/or creative storytelling experience
- Strong, empathetic customer service skills (they’re right, most of the time)
- An insatiable thirst for information, content and learning and a passionate interest in many of the following issues: politics, entertainment, women / feminism, books, education, law, finance, healthcare
- Creative thinking and ideation in fast-paced, dynamic environments
- Strong, independent drive to complete tasks, define concepts and execute ideas in a timely fashion without micromanagement
- Ability to ask questions and manage multiple complex ideas simultaneously
- Ambitious attitude and drive to succeed
- Capacity and willingness to think creatively when pitching strategic partners and influencers for coverage
- Expert-level knowledge of social media and/or a significant personal following on at least one audience engagement platform
- Experience in photography, videography or general content production is a major plus. Please let us know if that’s you!
- If you’ve built any sort of website in the past that’s awesome – and we’d love to know that, too (especially if you’re comfortable with tiny updates)
- Experience with graphic editing, making decks in basic design systems or pitching new business? Tell us!
- Speak any languages other than English? We’re always looking for that.
Salaries start at $75k, commensurate with experience. Health insurance on offer after a 90 day trial. Fully remote, Eastern Time Zone preferred.