A Social Media Specialist is charged with generating content and supporting marketing strategy using social networks across numerous client accounts. This involves having an expertise in all social media best practices and applying them to a client’s business. A successful Social Media Specialist must be an organized marketer, must be able to meet deadlines, and must possess the ability to work remotely, but still collaborate within a team environment. The perfect candidate would also have the ability to implement organic search engine optimization campaigns and work closely with the digital marketing team to bridge the gap between organic search and social, content, PR, and paid media.
This position uses advanced social media knowledge, strong analytical skills, and strong writing and presentation skills to create and execute successful campaigns for clients. This position also requires strong writing skills for developing website copy, blog content, video scripts, and more. The ideal candidate believes s/he can change the world with the power of digital marketing – and knows how.
- Uphold the company’s core values and be an example of GTMA Culture
- Work with the digital team to deliver SEO driven blog articles for a wide range of clients.
- Compose 300 – 500 word articles based on a topic provided to you by Team GTMA.
- Suggest at least two images for your article found on Shutterstock. GTMA will purchase these images.
- Provide a post title and an SEO description (meta description).
- Incorporate the keywords provided to you by GTMA in your title and / or body copy.
- Provide a link to any local business mentioned in the article and citation links for any other articles quoted.
- Blog programming and basic SEO for these blogs
- Once this has been mastered, managing blogging campaigns
- Assigning out blogs (topic brainstorm, filling out submission forms, contacting writers)
- Weekly expectations and estimations:
- Organization (keeping track of writers, deadlines, and assignments)
- Uploading (formatting, linking, including IG links to photos, crafting header image)
- Synergy (notifying social team of completed blogs)
- Then manage, track, and optimize that blog content across multiple social networks (Google Posts, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Maintain the content quality standards of GTMA – refer to our SEO and Social Media best practices documents
- Schedule blog and social content on any social network for multiple clients
- Increase engagement on social networks for multiple clients
- Develop an in-depth understanding of each community and the surrounding area
- Manage the transition of accounts from one team member to another using the checklist
- Work collaboratively with other teams at GTMA (design, sales, media)
- Learn GTMA’s strategy for each product we offer including all social networks and blogging
- Have a basic understanding of the GTMA Reporting Dashboard
- Have a working understanding of design tools like PicMonkey, Canva
- Basic understanding of Google Analytics
- A working understanding of Sprout Social
- A working understanding of G Drive & Dropbox
- An EIN for tax purposes
- Proof of registered business
- Proof of having other clients, indicating you are an independent contractor
WHAT WE OFFER
- Monthly Happy Hours
- Summer and Winter Parties
- Upward mobility with positive performance
- Hourly position starting at 20 hours and increasing from there with positive performance