HashiCorp looking for Design Program Manager
HashiCorp is at the epicenter of the cloud adoption wave, helping shape how the world’s largest enterprises are running their IT infrastructure. We provide many of the most innovative companies with infrastructure automation solutions. Our product suite (Terraform, Vault, Consul, and Nomad) provides a consistent approach to provision, secure, connect, and run any infrastructure for any application. We’re designing and building the future of infrastructure tooling. That’s where you come in: we’re looking for experienced product design leaders to join our rapidly growing team.
About the Role
As a Design Program Manager at HashiCorp, you’ll be our first dedicated hire introducing DesignOps to the Product Design team. You’ll manage operational aspects of design—ensuring our team is running smoothly so that designers can focus on creative matters, delivering the best possible experience to our users. You’ll also improve cohesion and establish great ways to work together with our cross-functional partners in engineering and product management. You should have a strong appreciation for UX design, thrive in a dynamic environment, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Through your work project managing, defining workflows and process, you’ll enable scalability and greater efficiency, as well as overall Design org health.
Our design team, as well as the other cross-functional teams you’ll work with, are largely remote. While prior experience working remotely isn’t required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Handle coordination and planning for design projects and activities to ensure that the processes related to design activities run smoothly.
- Manage the interaction between designers and other functions such as product management and engineering by identifying priorities, defining cross-functional milestones, and coordinating schedules
- Own systems for project documentation, status tracking, and communication to coordinate between design and project stakeholders to ensure delivery and overall project health
- Establish and maintain standards for process that promote a high standard for product design output
- Contribute to an environment that’s conducive to great design output and removes obstacles to task and project completion
You may be a good fit for our team if you have:
- Minimum 4 years of experience as a digital producer, project manager or program manager with experience establishing programs
- Proven ability to solve routine and complicated problems creatively and effectively
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, empathy for the needs of all stakeholders, and a track record of delivering projects as planned.
- An appreciation for design practice and process and are able to advocate for design when other members of aren’t there.
- Experience managing UI/UX design, user research, design systems, or generative design processes.
- Experience with UX design and research disciplines, tools, and processes.
- Experience supporting UX organizations while working cross-functionally with product and engineering teams.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-XX1