Hay House looking for Mid-Level PHP Developer – Front & Back End Magento (Remote) ($80,000 to $90,000 Annually)
Works closely with Lead Developer to execute both front-end production and back-end website updates including ongoing maintenance, new development initiatives, and quality control.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Design and develop new features, customization for Magento 2 Enterprise platform
· Perform both front-end and back-end code updates
· Execute the plans guided by the Lead Developer
· Monitor site performance and troubleshoot site issues
· Manages various web related projects including development and launch of future phases under the direction of the Lead Developer
· Develop and maintain technical documentation related to website development projects
· Learn new technologies and apply them to fulfill business needs
· Uses appropriate & relevant programming languages and technologies, writes code, tests & deploys
· Misc. duties related to website development projects and tasks as needed
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
· Working knowledge of Magento (preferably Magento 2 Enterprise) including coding, optimization, design, and integration with 3rd party apps and tools
· Broad knowledge of web technologies, Magento e-commerce, and database driven websites
· Expertise in database concepts (MySQL)
· In-depth understanding of server configuration, optimization, caching, and scaling techniques
· Expertise in multiple browser development, web usability and interface design
· Familiar with API web service (REST, SOAP)
· Ability to execute and manage projects accurately and quickly
· Excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task to meet objectives
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Education and/or Experience
· 1+ years’ minimum professional experience with Magento 2. Magento Certification is preferred but not required
· 3+ years’ experience with AWS, ElasticSearch, MySQL, PHP, Linux server administration
· Experience with Version Control Systems (Git)
· Experience working in PCI compliant environments
· Experience managing broad scoped projects
· Theoretical knowledge typically achieved through a related four-year college experience, such as a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Language, Mathematical and Reasoning Abilities
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
· Excellent verbal communication skills with ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of organization.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to solve problems and troubleshoot while on the telephone. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus in order to read.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, typically an open office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification and it may be changed by management at any time. Other duties may also apply. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the Company and its employees. Distribution of this item outside of the Company without an authorized release is a violation of Company policy.
Click below link to apply for this job: