Heartland Consulting looking for Website Developer (remote)
Heartland Consulting: Web Developer
Heartland is looking for a Developer to support the United States Department of Agriculture’s National Agricultural Library (NAL) Information Systems Division (ISD) and Information Products Division (IPD). The ideal candidate will have Ruby on Rails experience (familiarity of Project Blacklight is a plus).
- Enhance public interface
- Site theming and 508 compliance of existing and updated sites; includes adding sophisticated page turners and image viewers per requirements and making corrections or improvements based on user feedback.
- Modernization of existing Drupal configurations and processes for more standardized and simpler Drupal deployment.
- Performance tuning and monitoring
- Process improvement and documentation
- Assistance in site architecture design and update.
- Troubleshooting production incidents
- Writing new and updating all documentation for policies, decisions, and processes
- Developing and implementing strategies for user and site performance testing
- Minimum 5 years experience in developing substantial applications in Ruby or Ruby on Rails
- Building and maintaining Rails gem
- 3-4 years experience working on open-source projects such as Blacklight, Blacklight-Marc
As a member of Heartland Consulting team, you’ll have opportunities to contribute immediately and progress rapidly as part of a sharp, high-energy team working to help clients solve important strategic problems. We work with leaders of both public sector and corporate clients to tackle some of their most complex challenges, using rigorous analysis methods to identify areas of leverage and opportunity, highlight and understand key risks, and prioritize actions. Clients retain and refer us based on both analytical excellence and our ability to provide actionable insight and recommendations.
Heartland Consulting is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability status. We E-Verify all employees.
About Heartland Consulting:
Founded in 2009 by a Marine Corps Veteran, Heartland is fully committed to its vision–to “Create Value for America.” We are working to realize this vision by combining our deep understanding of Federal agency operations, demands, and requirements with the management consulting, information technology, financial management and business services experience our clients need to be successful. We are passionate about making government and commercial agencies more successful at fulfilling their mission and serving their stakeholders. We make your mission ours. Heartland works with clients to maximize efficiencies through innovation, to execute the program based on the highest professional standards and to drive towards success meeting expectations for higher efficiency of operations. Our consulting services are a superb complement to the government’s core mission of efficiency, economy, and security allowing us to serve across a wide range of agencies.
A certified Native American-owned SBA certified 8(a) and Veteran-Owned Small Business located in McLean, VA, we are dedicated to providing employment opportunities to our Nation’s veterans.
Click below link to apply for this job: