Highrise looking for Mobile Game Developer ($60-$70k base salary with significant equity in a fast growing YC startup)
Want to join a fast moving Y Combinator startup with a vision for a billion user virtual world and a product that already has significant revenue + traction and poised for hockey stick growth?
We are a highly productive remote team of 16 and the creators behind Highrise (Highrise Virtual World). We’re backed by YC and the best consumer venture capitalists in the world to turn Highrise into the next billion user social network.
What will you be doing?
- Work on the game engine powering the virtual world in Highrise.
- Work on the iOS and Android native applications.
- Work with the development and design teams to identify new features.
What do you know?
- You have experience shipping polished production iOS or Android apps.
- You have a deep understanding of mobile software patterns and requirements.
- You have experience with or are excited to learn cocos2D-X.
- You have experience with or are excited to learn Skeleton animation systems such as Spine.
Who are you?
- Lifelong Learner: You’re eager to learn new things – new languages, new technologies and new hobbies.
- Sharp and Independent: You can quickly identify solutions and execute without clear direction.
- Humble: You leave your ego at the door, allowing you to effectively give and receive feedback.
- Open-minded: You seek to explore all solutions because you want to find the correct solution to the problem at hand.
- A problem solver: When you see a problem, you try to fix it. You don’t leave it for someone else to fix later.
- Passionate: You love the work you do, sometimes working on personal engineering projects or reading relevant material on the side.
Bonus/Nice to Have
- We’d love to see any personal projects you worked on.
- A passion for gaming and technology.
Who are we?
We’re building the next billion user social network in the form of a Virtual World – Highrise. Highrise has been featured numerous times by the iOS app store with over 3 million users and poised to enter growth mode. We’re backed by Y Combinator, the founders of Candy Crush, and a host of the best venture capitalists in Silicon Valley. We have an ambitious goal, strong traction, and an amazing team. Join us on our journey.
Must have shipped high quality production apps with at least 10,000 users
iOS (Objective-C or Swift)
Android (Java or Kotlin)
$60-70k base salary with significant equity in a fast growing YC startup
Unlimited vacation days