Hoefler&Co looking for Contract Software Developer for Web Applications
H&Co, the New York company that designs and publishes fonts, is looking for a smart, ambitious, and detail-oriented front-end developer who loves typography, and is ready to flex their muscles. Come and join us building the next generation of typography.com, and the award-winning discover.typography.com.
Our web applications serve a rare and refreshing audience: tech-savvy designers, the ones who are always running the latest nightly builds on the fastest hardware, but are the first to notice if animation gets triggered on window resize.
We’re looking for a developer who’s up to the challenge of delivering intuitive, performant, and thoughtful experiences to users who know the difference, and have come to expect the best. If you’re looking for an opportunity to do all the things you wish you could at your current job, to join a team of people who share your enthusiasm for what’s possible, and to work for a company that values invention, care, and getting it right, read on.
- Work with our creative team to develop, implement, refine, and deploy new features and functionality across our web properties (typography.com, discover.typography.com, and try.typography.com)
- Work with our technology and product management team to review project requirements, define criteria for testing, and work with technical management to assess project feasibility within the allotted timetable and budget
- Develop and manage a web toolchain including build tools, preprocessors, and open- source libraries. You should be familiar with software such as React, Redux, Yarn, ES6, webpack, PostCSS, and other modern front-end development tools and methodologies
- Understand user needs and behavior by utilizing site analytics, user testing, and data modeling, to refine and improve both web applications and back-office utilities
- Implement refinements to existing services and create new ones, in order to address changes in standards, customer expectations, behavior patterns, and best practices
- Coordinate version deployment within a quality assurance framework, using standards and processes that ensure that projects meet defined conditions and specifications
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of standards, emerging technologies, industry trends, and best practices
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or design field, or equivalent experience
- Industry experience developing with current versions of HTML, CSS
- Strong command of web standards, responsive and adaptive design, progressive enhancement and graceful degradation, optimization techniques, dynamic content retrieval, state management, and techniques for accessibility and device-portability
- Experience writing maintainable code with thorough test coverage, using git SCM and git flow
- Work experience with Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP development
- Experience with CMS theming, multiple frameworks, and databases
- Work experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Click below link to apply for this job: