The E-Content Web Designer is responsible for delivering exceptional online design solutions for Homedepot.com. We are looking for a creative problem solver who can partner with various channels, accept direction, and create an online web design solution with exceptional quality. This role is responsible for maintaining and providing online design of HomeDepot.com, including seasonal events and redesign projects. This role works cross functionally with User Experience, (UX), Content, and Category Experience Managers.
The E-content Web Designer should be comfortable working on both large and small-scale projects, manage their time and projects efficiently, and have proficient and applied experience in XD, Photoshop, InVision, InDesign, and Illustrator.
The E-Content Web Designer will be expected to provide design, product images, and other creative graphics as need for content and products on HomeDepot.com. Other responsibilities may include creating how-to guides, banners, high resolution imagery in prominent spots on Homedepot.com, and illustrations, all which are measured against how they contribute to increased sales, messaging, and brand awareness.
The E-Content Web Designer will be responsible for creating detailed vector illustrations in Adobe Illustrator. Must have strong understanding of the elements and principles of design. Must have online portfolio or be able to send examples of portfolio work with resume.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Creates visual layouts for online or catalog presentations
- Prepares product images to maximize product presentation
- Designs distinctive illustrations to facilitate shopping
- Works with editor to develop and execute special concepts (interactive demos or themed catalogs)
- Oversees photo shoots, coordinating efforts with merchandising and photographers
- Packages and delivers assets in required format (online or print)
NATURE AND SCOPE
No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Examples include: telephone operator and file clerk.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job, preferably in Fine Arts and Design.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 2 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Solid knowledge of PhotoShop and Illustrator for all; for online–strong knowledge of HTML and CSS, Dreamweaver and Flash; for print–experience in pre-press and print production
- Some technical knowledge of various web platforms or print processes
- Working knowledge of marketing, finance, human resources, advertising, merchandising and operations
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions consistent with department/company objectives
- Ability to create visual solutions consistent with industry trends yet unique and innovative
- Good teamwork and communication skills
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Ability to translate complex information into easy-to-understand designs and visual elements
- Knowledge of industry best practices
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and deliverables
- Supervisory/coordinating skills
- Budgetary accountability
- Some project management skills