Ionic looking for Senior Web Designer- Remote
About the job
Ionic is looking for a senior web designer to lead our web team responsible for all of our marketing websites. This role is primarily responsible for the visual design and front end UI development of digital experiences that include, but are not limited to full websites and microsites, emails, landing pages and conversion funnels, SEO, A/B testing, and lead generation. You will also serve as the team leader and subject matter expert when evaluating technologies and development patterns that improve operational efficiencies, provide reliable business insights, generate revenue, bolster our go to market engine, and deliver high fidelity visually appealing experiences that meet the high bar for visual design we have at Ionic.
In This Role You Will
- Coordinate and mentor other members of the web team to rapidly deliver a site backlog driven by our head of marketing
- Identify bottlenecks, inefficiencies, and ways in which the web team can improve their overall throughput when building new site experiences
- Work closely with the head of marketing to build an analytical approach to our marketing and business insights, telemetry, and funnels to arm marketing with data driven insights that help optimize our go to market engine
- Ensure that our sites are tested and provide a first in class customer experience across multiple browsers, platforms and devices, including tablets and smartphones
- Work with the team to rapidly prototype, develop and deploy new or updated pages and experiences, and leverage A/B and multivariate tests to continually optimize conversion rates and overall site and/or campaign performance
Your areas of responsibility will include:
- Mentor and coordinate less senior team members to quickly and effectively deliver on backlog items as prioritized by our head of marketing
- Design and implement new pages and experiences that are visually stunning based on designs and mockups
- Ensure our websites are well maintained, optimized for SEO, fast, and reliable
- Bring an analytical mind and data driven approach to our web team, making sure our telemetry is reliable, we’re A/B testing changes, and that we’re measuring the right things
- Identify technologies and approaches that can help the web team move faster and incorporate them into the team
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Proven working experience in web design and/or a portfolio showing work that has been developed with strong visual design capabilities
- Experience with analytics implementation and marketing platforms like Google Analytics and HubSpot
- Analytical and data driven approach to website development focused on measuring the performance of new experiences and A/B testing
- Experience developing front-end code for use within a CMS like Webflow
- Ability to effectively mentor and coordinate team members to quickly deliver new pages and experiences
- Strong understanding of SEO and site performance best practices
Fully remote, Ionic is currently a 100% remote workforce and was largely distributed prior to the pandemic (more than half the team did not work from the office). Our headquarters is located in Madison, WI.
Reporting to: Director of Engineering
Additional Notes: Applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Who We Are
Our software empowers developers and teams to build amazing mobile, web, and desktop applications.
In 2013 we launched Ionic Framework, an open source software project that made it possible for web developers to build fast, beautiful mobile apps for any platform, using the web tools and languages that they already know and love.
Since then, our platform has evolved far beyond our initial open source toolset. Ionic now offers a complete app development platform to help professional developers and teams build, secure, and deliver apps faster and more easily than ever before. Ionic’s open source and premium tools now power more than 15% of all apps in the app stores — representing early-stage startups all the way up to major brands like GE, Target, and Amtrak. At the same time, our vibrant open source community now encompasses more than 5 million developers in 200 countries.
We provide full-time employees with full benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage with available coverage for spouses or domestic partners and children, stock options, 401(k), generous holiday and sick paid time off.