Jackson River looking for Senior PHP Developer – REMOTE
Senior PHP Developer
<<< THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION BUT APPLICANTS MUST BE BASED IN USA >>>
<<< NO RECRUITERS >>>
Do you care about issues such as the environment, equal rights, and animal welfare? Are you ready to leave your commute behind and have your time spent coding be time spent making a difference?
We’re Jackson River and we’re looking for software development professionals with senior-level PHP experience to join our distributed team and develop elegant solutions for our nonprofit engagement platform, Springboard. Springboard is used by clients like the ASPCA, International Rescue Committee, Drug Policy Alliance, and the ACLU to power their digital fundraising and advocacy programs. We are a small, stable company devoted to doing good in the world and fostering a healthy work/life balance for our entire team.
As part Jackson River, you will work within the software team that develops, maintains, and supports the Springboard application. Common responsibilities include:
- Contribute new features and bug fixes to Springboard, our fundraising and advocacy platform
- Provide runtime support to existing Springboard clients and teams through troubleshooting, bug-fixing, and data analysis
- Building custom integrations between Drupal, Salesforce, payment gateways, email marketing, and other third-party services
- Ensure work is thoroughly tested via both manual and automated systems
- Collaborate remotely with product managers and other development team members to design, estimate, develop, and test new features
- Actively participate in team meetings and discussions over remote video conferencing systems
Relevant Skills & Experience
Qualified candidates should have a solid understanding of modern web application development practices and possess expert-level PHP skills. Prior experience with or exposure to Drupal is a major plus.
In addition, we are looking for the following experience:
- Experience building software delivered via a SAAS model where strict uptime and performance SLAs must be met at all times
- Minimum 4 years in PHP development, ideally with a modern framework such as Laravel
- Stellar communication skills (we are 100% distributed)
- Practical experience developing API driven applications
- Comfortable on a command line and familiar with common web technologies found in the LAMP stack
- Experience with Git, GitHub, and modern source code management practices
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities without sacrificing quality of work
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills (ex: excellent follow-through with little supervision)
- Experience with CI and automated testing practices, specifically Codeception and CircleCI
- Solid understanding of secure coding techniques
- A sense of humor
Bonus points awarded for:
- Experience working with payment processing systems
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM platforms
- Progressive non-profit or political campaign experience
- Passion for technology and a desire to expand upon existing technical skills
- Experience working as part of a distributed team
Why You’ll love it here
In addition to a competitive benefits package including healthcare, life insurance and 401k, Jackson River employees are happy to have :
- Company support for trainings, conferences, and continuing education
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Remote work environment
- Awesome clients doing good in the world
- Camaraderie with a team of amazing co-workers
- Dedication to a healthy work/life balance for all team members
Read more about us and our awesome work at http://jacksonriver.com.
How to Apply?
Sound interesting? Send us your resume and cover letter explaining what makes you an ideal fit to firstname.lastname@example.org.