Joyent looking for Software Engineer – Front End
Joyent needs front-end software engineers to build web-applications fronting our compute services. Technologies in use include Node.js, Vue.js, and GraphQL, among others. In addition to helping with the front-end you will have the opportunity to learn more Node.js and Go. Additionally, you will have opportunities for learning about any other areas of the stack that may be of interest.
There should be travel opportunities for conferences and meetups with the team.
We are looking for a person who thrives in a cooperative team environment and who loves learning new technologies. We expect that you will have professional experience with either Vue.js, React, or Angular and are comfortable doing full time Vue.js development.
Successful candidates for this position will:
- Be responsible for the web applications they build, from the internal APIs out to the client browser
- Maintain, optimize, and improve existing web applications, adapting them as needed to meet changing requirements
- Collaborate with other engineers, SREs, and product management to define opportunities, requirements, and constraints for the web applications you build
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design
- Use logic, statistics, and systems analsys to understand and define and evaluate application behavior, and how application components interoperate
Experience and Skills
Below are experiences and skills that an ideal candidate can speak to:
- Open source contributions in any software project, or other demonstrations of your software engineering skills
- Professional experience developing solutions with Vue.js (or other software libraries)
- Enough focus to work a normal day while working remotely
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills appropriate for building complex systems
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience writing unit tests, and the critical thinking skills needed to write effective tests
- Experience with git and other common tools in the software engineering process
Joyent is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung with 14 years of leadership in cloud computing, and was the original corporate steward of Node.js.
The web console team is direct team that you will work on is small, fully remote, and comprised of engineers who love open source and Node.js. The members of the team are all senior engineers with years of experience working remotely for companies of all sizes. Members of the team are also active in several open source projects and will help you to grow your open source contributions.
We value maintaining a healthy work-life balance as well as a balance of workplace duties. While the position is for a front end engineer, you are welcome (not required or expected) to also contribute to other parts of the stack.
The team values well-tested and maintainable code. We try to ensure that our contributions are tested thoroughly and that the implementations are simple to understand. We also take steps to ensure that our code is consistent and that we all understand it.
We are a growing company that appreciates the value of talent in terms of things both big (we offer highly competitive salary and excellent benefits) and small (your ACM membership dues are on the house).
Joyent, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung, is the open cloud company. With its Triton Kubernetes services and support, Joyent helps its customers build and operate modern cloud native applications across multiple clouds. Joyent’s Triton Private Regions provide low cost, dedicated cloud infrastructure that gives its customers the ability to own their data and control their cloud costs.
How to Apply?
To apply, please submit a brief introduction, a copy of your resume, and a link to your Github or LinkedIn profile to email@example.com with Software Engineer – Front End in the subject. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.